Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may sound dumb, but I am not a fan of red. My fork caps on the 13 ZX6R are red and I want to get new levers pref from MSM, and a new chain, however don't want to many colors. (Bike is white, with sliver, and black) I looked on Motorsport and a few other places and really haven't found any fork caps. Ebay has a few and so does another site, however they are they same. (site has a site on ebay) I don't want spikes, and don't need anything huge. Just looking for a black or gold caps. Any Ideas.

Otherwise I may try to get my father-in-law to make them.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Your best option would be to get a different factory color cap. Call the dealer and see what they can get.

That fork isn't widely used on a lot of bikes so there won't be many options other than OEM for that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try giving them a call. I looked at the factory parts list for a 13 on motorsport and only saw red. So I thought they all came with red. Thanks

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I will try giving them a call. I looked at the factory parts list for a 13 on motorsport and only saw red. So I thought they all came with red. Thanks
Look at '14, '15 and '16 too.... they're all the same bike. Different fork cap colors. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New to the Kawasaki thread, so I am not sure what all matches. I will pull the parts list out, since I know I have saw the newer models with different colors. Thanks a lot. This will solve an issue with he levers and chain that I was having.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Assuming that I can actually find them (they were sitting around on my shop box for over a year) you can have the grey ones that came off of my 2013 when you place your order for levers. I just need to figure out where I put them.

·
Registered
631 Posts
'15 has green fork caps. I'm not saying you should get more green on your bike, but...

actually that's exactly what I'm saying

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, i know this thread is a little old, but im new here and as hard as i search this is the only thread i can find about changing the red fork caps to green.

I just picked up a black '13 last week, but i love the look of the green fork caps on the 15+ models.

Found the parts online for the factory green fork caps, but was wondering how hard it would be to swap out the parts, or if its even doable without triple tree stands or some fancy strapping work

don't have the bike home yet so don't have the chance to go investigate how they connect, was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

thanks

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Hey guys, i know this thread is a little old, but im new here and as hard as i search this is the only thread i can find about changing the red fork caps to green.

I just picked up a black '13 last week, but i love the look of the green fork caps on the 15+ models.

Found the parts online for the factory green fork caps, but was wondering how hard it would be to swap out the parts, or if its even doable without triple tree stands or some fancy strapping work

don't have the bike home yet so don't have the chance to go investigate how they connect, was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

thanks
It isn't difficult but you will absolutely want to make sure that the front wheel is hanging freely or you will be in for a big surprise =).

It can be a bit of a PITA to get the cap back on with the spring pressure but not terrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It isn't difficult but you will absolutely want to make sure that the front wheel is hanging freely or you will be in for a big surprise =).

It can be a bit of a PITA to get the cap back on with the spring pressure but not terrible.
Thanks man, I figured they would pop like party poppers if they were under the load if the front end.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this may sound dumb, but I am not a fan of red. My fork caps on the 13 ZX6R are red and I want to get new levers pref from MSM, and a new chain, however don't want to many colors. (Bike is white, with sliver, and black) I looked on Motorsport and a few other places and really haven't found any fork caps. Ebay has a few and so does another site, however they are they same. (site has a site on ebay) I don't want spikes, and don't need anything huge. Just looking for a black or gold caps. Any Ideas.

Otherwise I may try to get my father-in-law to make them.
I have the same problem, i want to change my green fork caps to red found new ones out of ebay and was wondering how do I change them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts