Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twisties in the san gabriel mtns of socal: im riding into a sweeping left turn with two cliff walls on either side, so i couldnt look thru the turn as i came in; I wasnt going very fast maybe 55 tops, but im already committed in the lean and just as I enter I find myself staring at the front grill of an SUV- apparently overtaking another SUV- around a blind corner- I instinctively went wide to the shoulder narrowly missing these stupid fucks and got slammed down into the ditch, lost control, and experienced my first highside.. i just lied there a minute or two, no traffic came by in that time, and both SUV's were never to be seen again. after struggling to get the bike up a family car arrived and the father helped me gather myself and my bike. compared to my bike I'm physically ok: my left forearm has a little road rash from where my jacket was unzipped, and i may have a broken rib or two as well as a couple bumps and bruises.. luckily for me the bike is mainly cosmetic damage, rides mechanically sound, well as far as i can tell, im gonna take all the ruined plastics off after work and hospital tonite and see whats going on. the entire left side is F'd: cracked plastics, scratched and scuffed to hell everything: mirrors, clutch cover, tank, shift lever's bent, shift pedal snapped off at the end (wich made for a very interesting ride home) and turn signals crushed :banghead

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i'm going to start carrying a gun, and i'm going to start killing people in cars.

all of them.

glad you are okay tho man

·
Registered
553 Posts
That sucks man, why is it that bad things always seem to happen to innocent people? Glad to hear your ok, that's really all that matters....bikes are a dime a dozen.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
glad ur ok. who would cause an accident like that and just drive away and not care:no get urself taken care of if u think u broke a rib

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
God I hate SUV's. Actually, cars in general.

Glad you're okay. Too bad about the bike. Bet the accident gave you a scare and a half. Can't believe they didn't pull over for you. Disgusting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, +1 to humanity for not pulling over. i could have been dead in that ditch for all they knew.. i suspected they were drunk, racing, being idiots, all of the above, i dont know.. i've been trying to wrap my mind around why he was passing thru a blind corner, it shows obviously lack of regard for his own well being.. if i was in a cage it would have been a head-on collision, convinced of it.
im appointed for the hospital right after work, i've cracked ribs before, this feels worse.. im still in awe over what happened really.. but thanks for the support guys, trust me when i say, i really appreciate it knowing we've got the comeraderie.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the driver musta been some cocky guy who bought a big car to make up for his pants size lol...its good to no your ok though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ya, seriously, let us know your prognosis. Some stuff takes a while to heal, but it's great to hear you're mostly in one piece. That's pretty remarkable. Keep smiling, man, and we'll keep pulling for you.

[If only we were granted one free kill per lifetime. Each person, granted one bye. I'd use mine on your SUV kids. I hate that shit.]

·
Registered
59 Posts
That sacks cooks mate!
But remember, you walked away, and as bad as the bike may look, all that damage is dissipated energy that you did not have to absorb.
It's a pisser for sure, but you're alright and that's the main thing.

Chalk it down to experience and sort it out so you can go riding again.
All the very best with your recovery and your repairs.

A

·
Registered
172 Posts
god damn man... just goes to show you the brilliance (or lack thereof) of modern man.

very glad you are ok, and very sorry about the bike.

keep us updated.

·
Registered
299 Posts
if there is a such thing as karma, those cagers will get whats coming to them. I can't believe they didn't check to see if you were okay. Sounds like your tough though. Happy healing!

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
what assholes not to stop and help or even to see who they could of killed!!! glad your still livin and sorry about the bike? how are you gunna get around now??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
doctor lady last nite told me i've got two cracked ribs, my left hip is bruised up pretty bad, i forget what she called it.. so i got a shot of mystery juice in the ass and some painkillers.. really nothing to do about the ribs, 'just dont laugh' she tells me.. a comedian. haha, bitch. she was very condescending and i think had a bad taste in her mouth for riders, i dunno, maybe im paranoid, i hate hospitals.
as for getting around ive got friends for carpool at work happy to give me a lift. ive got to wait til mid-next week before i can afford all the parts on my bike: i need new rearsets, signals, chain, and shift lever; thats just to get me rolling again.. im not even going to worry about cosmetics right now, ill have to deal with the look. i hate riding with beaten plastics.

hehe, ps...
my frame sliders arrived in the mail last nite, wonder if they would have helped :O

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
:doh sorry to hear it. Heal up and get back out there. Gotta watch for blind corners - sucks but on the street is probably best to never ride fast enough that you can't stop in the amount of road you can see at any given instant.

best of luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad you're okay and that's absolutely cowardly for the SUVs not to stop after you went down, but sounds like you should have taken it easier through the blind turn. Not saying it was your fault but maybe you didn't leave yourself much of an out in that situation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts