Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving about 20 mph in the neighborhood anf there was some kind of event going on. Cars were everywhere do I was driving slow with caution. All of a sudden the car in front of me slams their brakes so they can get into a parelle parking spot.first thing that came into my mind was hit my brakes. I ended up falling off and dropping her on the eleft side. Here's what the damages look like. Any idea how much it will cost to repair the brake assembly?

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
dropped her on the right side? or did she flip or something.. doens't really matter, but if you want OEM go with Kawaski Parts Largest Dealer | Kawasaki Parts House or maybe make the jump to aftermarket rear sets! either way you're looking at a couple hundred bucks minimum for that piece

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
as far as tai section goes, now's a good opportunity to learn to bond plastic, and cover with touch-up paint via colorite.com or (or local paint-match).

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sucks, glad your OK though, I've been a couple of close ones myself. Stay safe.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Almost ended up in a ditch in the twisties the other night, and would have had A LOT more damage than you. My friend and I were almost dragging knees in a corner going left, two cars appeared and there was gravel on the road. Only thing I could think of was "don't fucking low side" so I took a chance (And so did my friend) and we straightened them up and slowed down to a crawl as fast as we could. Weren't going to much over, but that was quite the adrenaline rush. And then here you are, downed because of a cager. That blows man.

Like someone else said, you can save a LOT of money if you fix that fairing yourslef.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ebay or the classifieds here for that right rear set. They are harder to find than the left, but I ended up picking up a complete right rear set, rear master and brake switch for under 50.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Fairings are cheap man on ebay I've even seen china companies doing full sets in different paint jobs and that for a couple of hundred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts