Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Justin from Woolich Racing, just thought i would introduce myself and provide a bit of information about our new Kawasaki Products.

Woolich Racing sell ECU flashing interfaces and harnesses to allow you to flash the stock ECU in your 2005-2012 ZX6R

The Woolich Racing Tuned software gives you access to various maps and settings available in your stock ECU. This includes Fuel maps, Ignition maps, Secondary Throttle Plate maps, RPM limiters etc etc.

Our products and software give you access to soo much more than add on modules like power commanders and bazzaz.

Feel free to contact us for more information or simply respond to this thread.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I haven't seen a single tune shop yet that could alter ignition timing maps on stock ecus for our bikes, you're saying that for my 2008 zx6r you could provide a custom fuel map and ignition timing map for every gear?

·
Registered
304 Posts
also interested in this...my friend did something similar for his R6 and he said he felt a hell of a difference...but every site you go to you can read about how limited the R6 ecu is in OEM form...i havent really heard that much about the zx6r being limited in that manor..

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
What is the benefit to your company as opposed to Guhl, ECU Unleashed etc that are local to us here in North America?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Our products and software give you access to soo much more than add on modules like power commanders and bazzaz.
What, like auto tuning by wideband O2, traction control, and quick shift capabilities?

Oh wait, no, that's Bazzaz.

With fuel and ignition piggyback comps, you can do everything you would need to. So unless this just blows everything out of the park for less money, this is just smoke up our asses.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You have my interest. What are the cost compared to pc and others like it

·
Registered
126 Posts
send your stuff to don guhl. these guys tried for 2 weeks to get me to buy all of their "products" for the zx6r while ignoring my single question of "can you raise the rev limit" answer is no...........

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll subscribe cause you peaked intrest but what i am seeing so far is

please explain how this is better than PC or bazzaz? bench tests?

$390 for a full set up but if I was to buy that I could map ECU's for me and all my buddies bikes or is their one of the sub sets that are needed on the bike?

no offence but 90$ bin file how do you make sure that is not redestributed everwhere?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I haven't seen a single tune shop yet that could alter ignition timing maps on stock ecus for our bikes, you're saying that for my 2008 zx6r you could provide a custom fuel map and ignition timing map for every gear?
Yep, you said it, and alter the secondary butterfly and injector timings too. An ECU flash combined with a Bazzaz/PC can give you further more power gains.

I was going to get mine done but, it let me down and I vastly upgraded ha ;D

·
Registered
640 Posts
What, like auto tuning by wideband O2, traction control, and quick shift capabilities?

Oh wait, no, that's Bazzaz.

With fuel and ignition piggyback comps, you can do everything you would need to. So unless this just blows everything out of the park for less money, this is just smoke up our asses.
Quite so, but flashing the ECU allows you to do things that's a bazzaz and pc can't alter and change. Combined with a bazzaz/Power Commander gets you the best gains possible from a remap. But tbh, unless tour racing, I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quite so, but flashing the ECU allows you to do things that's a bazzaz and pc can't alter and change. Combined with a bazzaz/Power Commander gets you the best gains possible from a remap. But tbh, unless tour racing, I wouldn't bother.
Like what? All I've seen so far that this can do has been marketing speak. No details or specifics.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Like what? All I've seen so far that this can do has been marketing speak. No details or specifics.
He did pick up on it in his first post did the OP. But your Bazzaz/PC does just one thing in terms of mapping, it remaps the fueling sent from the ECU. Now where as flashing the ECU, this allows you to do the same, remapping the fueling (some say not quite as accurate as Bazzaz fuel module unit's do), you can advance the ignition, change the fueling on the primary & secondary injectors independently, where as Bazzaz does the fueling as a whole, change the rev limiter if you so desire (see what I mean by mainly for racing, supersport in particular). Now for other bikes that have variable intake stacks, such as R6 and R1's in particular, you can also change the timing on the stacks from when they move up and down.

Both have they're own advantages and disadvantages, and like I said before, if your not racing, or running a highly strung tuned motor, it's rather pointless going for the ECU flash other a Bazzaz FI unit, which is cheaper. Also Bazzaz TC for the road, I wouldn't bother, it's pointless unless you tracking it. I say this because my Aprilia APRC TC is the fucking bomb :laugh

I'm not defending the guy in no way, it is rather sucky how he's came on here, said something, and left questions open. Mind you he is Australian and on the other side of the world, so it's safe to assume he should be throwing the alarm clock at the wall any time soon, and then come on here to answer some questions that you guys have got. (I hope)

1 - 20 of 192 Posts