Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, a quick question concerning a pair i bought from ebay and fitting to my 01 zx6r j2.

Seem pretty simple, my question relates to the right hand peg and brake lever. I don't have a service manual (but need one, any suggestions where from??) but there is a wire/lead which runs directly down to a bracket and in turn is held together by a couple of springs which move when the brake lever is pushed down. The new rear sets do not accomodate this mechanism but do accommodate the obvious mounting and bracket for the slave cylinder.

Can anyone please tell me what this is for and er...whether it is required?

Much appreciated

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
yep, and if you want it to work you an always install a pressure switch in place of the rear MC banjo bolt:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHOOPS! THATS NOT GOOD!:coocoo

Is this usual with rear sets? Is the fix a quick thing? It sounds like the brakes will need bleeding etc? I think the standard ones will be going back on for the meantime - thanks for any further assistance guys:)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yep, most aftermarket rear sets don't have provisions for the brake light switch or the return spring.

The pressure type switches are very easy to install, but do require you to bleed the brakes. Often times you can mount the OE switch else ware on the bike using zip ties or mechanic's wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts