Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Before anybody else tells me...I'm new here so hi everybody! I'm about to go get a wrecked 2005 636 tomorrow and It needs a new fairing. I was wondering since I work in a autobody shop could I fit the oem light and brakets with a race fairing to make it street legal?I wana buy a racing kit koz it is cheaper than eom replica and somewhat lighter apparently.

Thanks in advance for your help!

BtW. I am from Quebec in canada, used to live in AtL but now back in my hometown.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
im sure its possible. will be a pain in the ass to do though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good, because I know I got the skills and patience...but I just want to be sure...I searched a lot but found no answer

I first tought about how tey mold those fairing...it looks like they do have lights but just no holes.

I would really want to know if somebody ever did it, before wasting anykind of money ;)

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I've seen it done numerous times, on numerous bikes. It's def a PITA and involves a lil more than just cutting a hole and sticking the light in. But you work in autobody so it should definitely be possible. Is it worth the trouble? Now that's the question.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Looking Good!

just for reference, you could of opted for Catalyst or Sharkskinz, as they offer a street upper as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts