Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls, had a mad moment on eBay a few days ago and bought a secondhand Quill race can, a few people have told me they make quite a nice sound so anyway I went ahead and bought it. This is for an 06 636 by the way, underseat exhaust.

My question is, when I come to fit the can i'm aware that it may cause issues with the damn FI/F1 light as i'll no longer be using the exhaust servo. Obivously being secondhand it hasn't come with the little servo limiter that a brand new one would. I'm well aware of the servo buddy's available that can get rid of the FI light but I was wondering if I just leave the servo in place just minus the pulley cables would this not work? Would it still throw up the FI light?

·
Registered
987 Posts
it will throw up the FI light. The light will trigger because the servo now has no resistance when it turns and it will show as a fault.

Check your pm box;-)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have the little bracket that mounts on the servo to fool the ECU. It came with my LeoVince exhaust, but I don't need it since I made a servo buddy so I could ditch the whole servo. You can have the bracket if you want it. I'll see if I can figure out a cheap way to mail it across the Pond to you.

·
Registered
987 Posts
hope its cheaper than the 60 dollars i got quoted to send carbon fibre tank protectors over. I have offered a servo buddy to him as well so between us he will be sorted.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry to thread jack, but i need a servo buddy to as my FI light is on constantly from having a slip on exhaust.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Coxy, if Darren doesn't want it........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the little bracket that mounts on the servo to fool the ECU. It came with my LeoVince exhaust, but I don't need it since I made a servo buddy so I could ditch the whole servo. You can have the bracket if you want it. I'll see if I can figure out a cheap way to mail it across the Pond to you.
Cheers matey! That would be awesome if you could, I'd be happy to pay the postage costs if it's not silly money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coxy, if Darren doesn't want it........
Cheers for the offer Ratty, I've spotted some on eBay that are £22. I'll post the link if I can find it. Hopefully if it doesn't cost too much for tgold to post the bracket, that way I could keep the servo in place in case I ever needed to fit the standard exhaust on again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bracket is going to Darren today.

It turns out I have another of the little servo brackets if anyone else wants one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it does the same job but isn't plug and play with the same connector as stock.
Ah I see, the connector ends do look a bit different in comparison to the other servo buddy's I've seen.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bracket is going to Darren today.

It turns out I have another of the little servo brackets if anyone else wants one.
What a star! Cheers matey, I'll put some money in your PayPal account! :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts