Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted HEL brake hoses last weekend, here are a few pictures, Very tight fit up under the master cylinder. Fitted 2 complete lines rather than 1 down and 1 over. Back scratched the swingarm on the short ride back home, rear hose seems a bit long, have contacted them to advise.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Love my HEL's. They aren't long enough though cos I have the superbike lines. They've rubbed some serious holes in my front fender and I'm afraid of my master cylinder bending. Oh well. Proves you shouldn't trust females to buy brake lines.

Those look damn tight. Nice mod.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they work great, had to adjust my pazzo levers up one click to feel the difference. wanted green but green not a good colour match.
will fit small hose holder to hugger to hold hose and to get rid of origional

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If they are bare braided SS you can greatly lessen the scratching by covering the parts of the line that rub with shrink tube or anything else that's handy.

You can also use clear numberplate background (used on MX bikes) to protect areas that get rubbed.

have fun

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sounds like she stops as good as she go's, nice job :thumbup going to see about installing my pazzo levers today and then look into thoses brake line's cheers:cheers

·
Registered
503 Posts
I fitted goodridge hoses to my B1H and they fitted absolutely PERFECTLY. i know they were a bit more to buy than HEL or Earls etc but really seem like they were worth it to me. Really nice quality too. Io went for two lines direct from master cylinder - more power and better feel.
Saying that, had Earls hoses on my G2 and they were both great looking and cheaper too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts