Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as the title says i did my first track day at jenning gp in FL it was a 6.5 hr drive but it was worth it, i am hooked now and i will be going to another track day next month, i had a blast but it was a blast watching the advanced ppl race around the track i ran a 1.44 and the advances where runing 1.20 and 1.19s alll day and the track record is a 1.14 man that track is great, hope you like the pics

the track

early in the day just learing the track

later in the day thats my friend that took me to the track on the gixxer he is faster than me and that a 750, but thats what 6 tracks will do for you lol

and this is me towards that end of the day getting better but my body was starting to give out on me, my legs are stilll killing me lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
Careful, track-days get addictive!
teach you alot about your bike, yourself and general riding don't they?

·
Registered
894 Posts
What an awesome looking track...

Well done mate, looks like you would have had fun too...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the trackdays are a blast i am going to another track on apirl 7th, and that track at the top of the page is a thing of beauty, it is a motorcycle only track and it was designed by a famous track builder i think it maybe the same dude that designed barber.how many track days will i get out of my tires they where new when i went to the track

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tyre life at trackdays depends on how fast you are!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sound like you had a great time. Depending on the surface of the track and the speed that you are riding, you should be able to get a couple of days out of your tires. How hard you push it really is the indicator. I am assuming you are talking about real dot race tires, not street tires. My husband can go through a set of tires in one race weekend, which is less track time than a track day. It is a costly addiction!!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am runing regular polit powers and i hear i cna get 3 track days out of the back and 5 to 6 out the front

·
Registered
97 Posts
what tracks do you goto zx6girl? willow? fontana?

-:banana
No track time for me yet! My husband races fairly regular (around 4/5 months a year) at Willow Springs, the big track. He has also done track days at fontana and buttonwillow. We have only lived here in LA for 1 and a half years. Before that we were in portland, oregon, where he raced at PIR and did one weekend at spokane, wa. We have made the drive to Thunderhill once too, way to long of a drive for a weekend though!!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
yeah, but thunderhill is worth the drive. I lived in Santa Barbara for 4 years, and the group i rode with made a weekend trip up to thunderhill, had a blast. Do you guys make it out to Hwy 33 at all, through Ojai and into Lockwood Valley?

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah, but thunderhill is worth the drive. I lived in Santa Barbara for 4 years, and the group i rode with made a weekend trip up to thunderhill, had a blast. Do you guys make it out to Hwy 33 at all, through Ojai and into Lockwood Valley?

We've done it once, early last december before it got too cold up there. Talk about amazing roads with no one on them! We were a bit "frightened" when we stopped in lockwood for gas. All the locals and a huge harley gang were out for a parade of some sort. It was like staight out of the movie deliverence! Looking forward to making the trip back out there again soon, it was worth the bit of a drive! My husband strapped the gps to his triple clamp and his actual top speed on his zx14 was 154mph. You can fly up there! Here are a few pics to enjoy if you miss it. One of the view, one of the zx14 and one of my hubby posing with my 636.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jennings is a great place, super fun. My avatar pic was from there...Great track, great people...Nothing like draggin your knee coming out of turn 1 at high speed...I need to get back there really soon
maybe we can meet up and do a track day together but u look like ur too good for the novice group though lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts