Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I completed my first track day successfully and had a blast. loving the atmosphere of the group and learning to improve my skills as a rider.

My track bike is a 2007 zx6r that has some tasteful track modifications. but I am considering making changes to support the smoothness of the ride.

All in all the whole day went well with the exception of my rear brake line separating from my caliper leaking brake fluid and losing my rear brake on my 3rd run...... did not expect that.
AND I had a target fixation issue on the last run of the day causing my dumb ass to run into the grass. I and the bike are completely fine. minus a little mud and a light fairing scratch. (amour bodies held up well.)

I was thinking of replacing the NISSIN units on my zx6r because they seem to be constantly dragging the rotor (or so it feels) I am not sure if this is because of the RC17 brembo MC I have on or just a bad caliper so I am looking at finding a brembo series brake calipers to replace and steel braided brake lines. I see tons listed used for the brembo m4 but I have no idea if they will fit. does anyone have any idea what will fit?

Best,

KYKAWI

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hello All!

I completed my first track day successfully and had a blast. loving the atmosphere of the group and learning to improve my skills as a rider.

My track bike is a 2007 zx6r that has some tasteful track modifications. but I am considering making changes to support the smoothness of the ride.

All in all the whole day went well with the exception of my rear brake line separating from my caliper leaking brake fluid and losing my rear brake on my 3rd run...... did not expect that.
AND I had a target fixation issue on the last run of the day causing my dumb ass to run into the grass. I and the bike are completely fine. minus a little mud and a light fairing scratch. (amour bodies held up well.)

I was thinking of replacing the NISSIN units on my zx6r because they seem to be constantly dragging the rotor (or so it feels) I am not sure if this is because of the RC17 brembo MC I have on or just a bad caliper so I am looking at finding a brembo series brake calipers to replace and steel braided brake lines. I see tons listed used for the brembo m4 but I have no idea if they will fit. does anyone have any idea what will fit?

Best,

KYKAWI
Try rebuilding the oem calipers first bc they are actually pretty good.

Www.brakecrafters.com sells kits and these are easy bc they open up in half so the seals are easy to get out.

Definitely get some braided lines.

Spiegler or CoreMoto seem to be the popular ones these days.

With rebuilt calipers, new lines and fresh fluid that RCS 17 will make you brake like a pro my man.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Purchased a Rebuild Kit and Custom Racing Brake Lines from Core Moto. I will update with Pictures and a new thread on the installation and feel once I get them.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Purchased a Rebuild Kit and Custom Racing Brake Lines from Core Moto. I will update with Pictures and a new thread on the installation and feel once I get them.
I’m pretty sure you’re gonna be happy with this set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts