Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2009 ZX6R from a friend's house last night after work. His mechanic buddy revived it from the dead because of the bad gas in the tank. I couldn't get the tank bolts off to do it myself. The guy also changed the oil and put on a new DID 520 chain.

I sold my 2008 Honda CBR1000RR recently (flipped it) and bought the Ninja two weeks ago. All I can say is that the two felt like night and day.

The CBR was obviously faster, but also more composed. My new bike only has 400 miles on it, so it still has to be broken in!! Ugh.

Tried to keep the revs under 4000 rpm all the way home. It sucked. Motorists passed me like I was standing still. lol.

I did notice that the bike's handling is kind of twitchy in corners. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I'll report back after I break in the engine...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's up to 409 miles currently...lol. I'm gonna ride it to work later today and to my friend's tonight. I need to break it in as fast as I can. I haven't ridden in almost three weeks. I'm going through withdrawal. lol.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Thats crazy. a 2009 with 400 mles on it. Why did the previous guy even purchase the bike? Did you get a great deal on it?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Thats crazy. a 2009 with 400 mles on it. Why did the previous guy even purchase the bike? Did you get a great deal on it?
Probably because some douche bag thought he'd be cool riding a 600 super sport as his first bike, then quickly realized that he can't ride and is now scared shitless of it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He said he saw his best bud fatally T-boned down in Georgia. Teen female driver. Guess he wanted to get out of the game after that.

I paid just $3,800 for the bike. He was originally asking $6,500 but hadn't ridden it for a year after his friend died. He said he was really looking to just unload it. I obliged. lol

I've sunk $500 worth of new parts and labor into it, but I think the bike is still a relative steal since it came with a Two Brothers Black Series carbon fiber slip on, Zero Gravity double bubble and still-brand-new OEM Battlaxes. I've since put a new DID 520 chain on it, an Alien Motion lightweight battery (1.3 lbs) and just got a new Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit for it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably because some douche bag thought he'd be cool riding a 600 super sport as his first bike, then quickly realized that he can't ride and is now scared shitless of it.
Actually, he was a pretty cool guy. He probably was scared to ride though, but alot of noobs would after seeing their best friend killed on a bike.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
thats a steal on that bike. I am angry you got to it before me. I am actively searching for another bike and I would prefer to stick with Kawi

Reactions: drbyers

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats a steal on that bike. I am angry you got to it before me. I am actively searching for another bike and I would prefer to stick with Kawi
A wise man once said "There are ALWAYS deals to be had. You just gotta find them." lol.

I lived on craigslist and cycletrader for nearly a month before the owner finally replied back to my initial contact. Guy is in the Air Force and is going back to school. Needed the money and seemed honest. When he pulled the cover off the bike in his apartment complex, my jaw dropped.

Then my riding buddy saw the bike and his jaw dropped. Right then I knew I was gonna buy the bike. lol.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I have never used cycle trader. I need to start doing that. I am willing to travel just about anywhere within 4 hour drive to get a bike.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never used cycle trader. I need to start doing that. I am willing to travel just about anywhere within 4 hour drive to get a bike.
I bought my CBR1000RR off Cycle Trader last year. People are more serious on there, because you have to fill out a LOT of information to post your bike for sale, like I did.

And don't be afraid to ask buddies if they know someone who knows someone. Riding circles are usually the best information source on new bike leads.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Picked up my 2009 ZX6R from a friend's house last night after work. His mechanic buddy revived it from the dead because of the bad gas in the tank. I couldn't get the tank bolts off to do it myself. The guy also changed the oil and put on a new DID 520 chain.

I sold my 2008 Honda CBR1000RR recently (flipped it) and bought the Ninja two weeks ago. All I can say is that the two felt like night and day.

The CBR was obviously faster, but also more composed. My new bike only has 400 miles on it, so it still has to be broken in!! Ugh.

Tried to keep the revs under 4000 rpm all the way home. It sucked. Motorists passed me like I was standing still. lol.

I did notice that the bike's handling is kind of twitchy in corners. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I'll report back after I break in the engine...
Don't baby that poor engine! Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

1 - 15 of 15 Posts