Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 2 1/2 years ago (some of you may remember) I suddenly found myself pregnant right at the beginning of riding season and kissed my sweet girl good-bye for what I knew would be quite some time.

About 8 months ago we moved from Philly to Harrisburg and, finally having a garage and some time I started re-energizing my long lost love. Oil and battery were shot and a low side had left my fairings scrapped and cracked, one mirror busted and my tank dented.

So now, after much debate over color (birthday present from my babe) and a week or two of late nights after the kids were asleep my girl was finally back together!

Easter Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day, albeit a bit windy. My boyfriends sister came over the watch the kids and we, at long last, took our ride together since finding out about our to-be son. I didn't think anything could make the day any better but then......well........here are a few pictures (before and after)

And as if the new paint job hadn't been enough............he couldn't have surprised me more, or made my first ride in years any more amazing.

Absolute perfection.

Love you guys, just wanted to share :)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Awesome news!!!! Glad you finally got everything back together and were able to ride. Congratulations on the family and the engagement!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!!!

I really excited for the warm weather and to be able to just pull out of the driveway and ride. In Philly I would spend 45min on the highway just get to someplace to ride!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Congrats. Random question. is the house with ther brick front yours? I just had a house built by Ryan Homes and that house looks very similar to mine.lol

·
Registered
3,502 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Life is always an interesting ride.... it's marvelous you have found somone to share that joy with on so many levels. Congratulations are most certainly in order.

Nice bike, too. :)

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Congrats on both the ring and being back on the bike. Great way to get that ring too - cool idea on your guy's part.

The bike looks great. I'm not normally a huge fan of white, but add a few more Kawi green accents in to go with the seat and rim tape and it will be superb (it certainly is already a great looking bike)!!! :bigthumb:

Reactions: LenaLilLower

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on both the ring and being back on the bike. Great way to get that ring too - cool idea on your guy's part.

The bike looks great. I'm not normally a huge fan of white, but add a few more Kawi green accents in to go with the seat and rim tape and it will be superb (it certainly is already a great looking bike)!!! :bigthumb:
Yeah it was awesome!! If any of you have girls that like/ride bikes and are thinking of proposing I def. recommend the idea ;)

My new green levers arrived yesterday and after I put them on I'll re-assess where to put more green. :thumbup Initially it was gonna be levers and a brake line but the green brake like is a little unoriginal so Ima keep thinking.

Ideas always welcome :devious

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Yeah it was awesome!! If any of you have girls that like/ride bikes and are thinking of proposing I def. recommend the idea ;)

My new green levers arrived yesterday and after I put them on I'll re-assess where to put more green. :thumbup Initially it was gonna be levers and a brake line but the green brake like is a little unoriginal so Ima keep thinking.

Ideas always welcome :devious
Congrats! Good to see you back out there!

I'm going to go with less is more in this case. I think maybe a kawi green ninja zx6r sticker on the fairing and call it a day I really like how it looks right now. I agree with you on the brake lines also.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats! Good to see you back out there!

I'm going to go with less is more in this case. I think maybe a kawi green ninja zx6r sticker on the fairing and call it a day I really like how it looks right now. I agree with you on the brake lines also.
Yeah like something low along the very bottom fairing is what I was thinking....balance to the seat and levers being up high.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm just wondering why he took so long to wife you? Hell, you're a girl who rebuilt her own sportbike! I'd wife you right now and I haven't even seen you!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts