Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ill be getting a bike soon and I want to know what you guys think about starting off with a 6r. To start off i know your going to say bad idea go with something less forgiving. But i think if your mature enough to handle something like that and not go crazy doing wheelies stoppies etc. you should be okay as long as you keep around your boundaries and don't try to push your limits and take it slow. Do you guys agree or disagree???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just a few months back I had to make a choice between a brand new 07 ZX-6R and a 05 CBR600 with 5000 miles on it, I asked my friends for advice..... my friend Jermey, who is an experienced rider, told me to go with the used bike its a good starter bike and its already been broken in and its a few stacks cheaper... my friend Kenny, who's never rode a bike a day in his life gave me the most inspiring words I’ve ever heard...... "GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!".... So as you can tell by the pic to the left I have my ninja and I couldn't be happier!!!!!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
You've got a good head on your shoulders. Not sure how good looking it is, but it's a smart one. You should be fine. Your thinking maturely. Just don't fall off, k. Post pics when you get her! And make sure you get the proper training, preferably BEFORE getting the bike.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You have self control and thats important on a bike. When i first bought my bike the dealer told me these words ' Be carefull son cause thats a weapon that only you have the control of it'. At first i didnt understand the meaning but when i jumped on & grab the throttle i realised what he was trying to say ! Just take care & have fun :cheers

·
Registered
299 Posts
1. take MSF course
2. get license
3. get gear
4. get frame sliders
5. get shorter kickstand
6. always wear your gear and respect the bike at all times
7. beware of cagers
8. have fun
9. improve your riding skills
10. repeat steps 6 though 9

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ridin Hood said it.. totally agree.
also consider being your first bike, with no riding experience.. are you comfortable with dropping your beautiful, new bike? i'm not going to say get a crap beater bike, because i didnt, i got a new f4i and dropped that thing 4x times within the first month! just something to consider, if money isnt a thing, i'd say go for it, were always gonna do what makes us happy regardless of what anyone says. excellent choice in going with a Kawi

·
Registered
172 Posts
i started on a 6r and i ride responsibly. just as most people will probably tell you, you will be ok so long as you are responsible. keep your head in the game and never lose track of what you're doing, and do what ridinhood said, and you'll be just fine.... also, enjoy your new bike, it's sexy as hell!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ridin Hood said it.. totally agree.
also consider being your first bike, with no riding experience.. are you comfortable with dropping your beautiful, new bike? i'm not going to say get a crap beater bike, because i didnt, i got a new f4i and dropped that thing 4x times within the first month! just something to consider, if money isnt a thing, i'd say go for it, were always gonna do what makes us happy regardless of what anyone says. excellent choice in going with a Kawi
i dropped mine and i am still heartbroken about it. it's imminent and will most likely happen. you seem grounded in your decisions so just be careful and maybe the statistics won't get you. but the new zixxers are damn fine bikes. respect it and it will respect you.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
1. take MSF course
i just finished the course today after having riden a couple of weeks since getting my 01 6r as my first bike. I already had my liscense before taking the course, but got some very good experience and training. I highly recommend it even if you know a lot and have ur liscense and dont need the insurance discount. I thought 200 bucks was quite a price for this and that it might not be worth it...i now say it definately is worth it. TAKE IT.

·
Registered
172 Posts
yeah the MSF courses are very worth it. even experienced riders can learn a thing or two from it. if nothing else, it builds confidence.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts