Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, figured I might as well introduce myself and my bike! I'm Mr. Squid (Lee) from my girl and I's Youtube/Instagram page. It's fairly new but we're fairly new to this entire scene.

I started off riding 4wheelers at the age of 5, and eventually got into race bikes (3 Banshees, 2 Raptors) but after the age of 17 I kind of got limited by time and gave up powersports.

Welp, skip to 30 years old and Covid and BAM.. I'm bored and need to get out the house. So after tons and tons of research I decide I want my first motorcycle an MT07! I love the bike and eventually add a bunch of fun little mods that truly change the nature of the bike. Well.. of course the entire way I'm doing this Ms. Squid is riding on the back and eventually she falls in love with the sport. So I go out and buy her a brand new 2021 Electric Teal R3 within only 5 months of buying my bike.

This is where things get interesting. Now I'm a guy who truly fell in love with the sport as soon as I got my MT07. Every day I'm telling someone to buy a motorcycle, I post about it daily on my personal social medias.. but I wasn't prepared for the fun that is the R3. Even to this day I think the R3 is the best bike ever to grace the streets. NO it's not the fastest but the flickability, how light it is, man the R3 is the best bike ever hands down. But the problem is, it says R3. I can't showup to a meet with a R3, the boys are going to never let me live it down so I got to get something with the R3 vibes but screams official to the boys.

So I begin to research in March of 2021, but here is the issue I was facing. The 600 class is disappearing. The R6 is done! CBR is rumored to be done. I'm not broke enough to resort to a Suzuki and not dumb enough to drive an Italian with a horrible dealer network in Southern Louisiana, so I have a hard decision in front of me.

I bleed Yamaha, my blood is literally team blue. I couldn't imagine sitting on any other bike because well Banshees are literally a gift from God. We all know the R6 kicks booty, it's the King of the track right? Exactly. And Lee don't ride track all day everyday so the R6 just wasn't in my equation. This only left me with the most official name in super sports.. the Ninja.

I tried to find a 2021 KRT but well.. God hates me and honestly I'm happy. I got a 2020 0 miles, brand spanking new Ninja ZX6R KRT edition from the horrible year known as 2020, making this our 3rd bike.

My family hates it. My girl fears it. But I love it. It's scary fast and I literally haven't even put 50 miles on her yet. The bike has all my respect so it will be slow learning!

Anyway, thanks for the listen.
Youtube.com/theYungSquids
Instagram.com/TheYungSquids

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
oh boy.......

that is a shit ton of enthusiasm

I hope you wear good gear and take some actual proper riding education like CSS, far cheaper to pay and learn right away than to learn via the school of hard knocks and trial and error or... --- gasp--- listening to your buddies who are equally undereducated in the fine arts of cornering.... and it is an education that'll last a lifetime and pay you back tenfold whatever you spend...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts