Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had an R1 for quite some time now, set up for the drag strip. It's not the easiest bike to just cruise around on, or ride down into the twisties (I'll add a picture below). I had been looking for a stock wheelbase 600 for a little while to aid with this, and when a close friend decided to get rid of his '04 636 I hopped on it. It needs body work, and some electrical tampering but it's nothing I can't get done. I'm thinking about restoring the body back to the original Kawi green, and then adding a few accessories. It's a little different getting used to the throttle compared to my R1---but it feels great!

The 636

And of course my baby, the R1 :)

Looking forward to meeting some of you-- definitely some great looking ZX6R's on here!

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and Go Bucks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks cool in white ,

Question about the r1, (I'm new ish to bikes so be kind)

That low, does it have any pros? As just from my understanding it looks to low , it's like those vw cars lowered on big wheels and elastic bands for tyres lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
Welcome. I miss Columbus. More people that know how to drive, reasonable prices and about an hour away any direction from nice curves. 315 can be fun tho!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks cool in white ,

Question about the r1, (I'm new ish to bikes so be kind)

That low, does it have any pros? As just from my understanding it looks to low , it's like those vw cars lowered on big wheels and elastic bands for tyres lol
It's set-up for drag racing- lowered, stretched and strapped keeps it from wheeling and losing traction. The suspension is set at it's stiffest too, so riding around for more than 30 min can really begin to become a pain. Hence, why I bought the 636.

Nice bike Slo Mo! Are you Slow Mo the retard rapper? I used to listen to his stuff a few years back. Welcome to the forum.
No I'm not the retard rapper lol--- buddy of mine used to have a track tag on his back that was for bracket racing. It was 07.50 but when read upside down read SLO, so I thought it would be an ironic name for a faster bike :tounge2:

Welcome. I miss Columbus. More people that know how to drive, reasonable prices and about an hour away any direction from nice curves. 315 can be fun tho!
Hocking hills or anywhere south of Columbus from here is pretty nice--- I can't wait to get back down there.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Shit we were always going to Coshockton to ride when I lived in Columbus, too many cops and cars down in Hocking Hills.

·
Super Moderator
12,493 Posts
I like the white one... There is something gixxerish about the red one I just can't put my finger on it... Maybe it just needs more leds and chrome.

Ey3

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
I've never even thought about going that way in OH, but heck, if it's rid of all that traffic and cops it's a must-do now.
Only saw a cop out there once, and there was a pack of 25 of us flying past his hideout on a straight at about 125+; he never even moved. But one of the guys we rode with was a cop in the area, so we just assumed it was his buddy and wasn't going to mess with us.

·
Super Moderator
12,493 Posts
Only saw a cop out there once, and there was a pack of 25 of us flying past his hideout on a straight at about 125+; he never even moved. But one of the guys we rode with was a cop in the area, so we just assumed it was his buddy and wasn't going to mess with us.
I would argue that he prolly knew there was no chance of stopping some/all of you without risking putting his cruiser in a ditch. Round here they would call the air support in.

Ey3

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On a little bit of a side tangent, but do you guys have an app to access these forums on your phone? I'm surprised the Motorcycle.com app has one for most other Kawi forums-- but not for zx6r.com...

·
Super Moderator
12,493 Posts
Tap talk.

Ey3

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
congrats on the new ride. That straight line stuff is something that I am not privy to. Nice looking ride as well. Some love went into that ride for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts