Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! I have a 2012 ZX6R that I just picked up a few weeks ago. Was finally able to put it through its paces yesterday and it rode like a dream. Today I switched out the stock exhaust for a Yoshi TRC slip on. The whole install went like a dream. However, as soon as I started it up, my FI warning light lit up and was flashing. I turned it off and let it sit for a bit before starting it back up. I was nearly empty on gas, so I thought maybe that was part of the problem so I ran and filled it up quick. But that didn't help. I can't imagine I did anything that would have affected the fuel injection, but with my luck... My local dealer isn't open now until Tuesday, so I can't check with them right away. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks for the help!!

Wade

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
Turn on your ignition but dont start the bike. Press the mode button on your dash and set it to ODO. Then hold the mode button for 5 seconds and it will display the code. Let us know what it is!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Isint that the code for the servo? Don't quote me on it but I think so you might have to get a servo eliminator but I could be wrong

·
Registered
388 Posts
For fixing the FI light you'll want to do something like this and it will stop throwing code. You'll want to get rid of the code in case an important code pops up.

This is the Akrapovic one that I have on mine...I would assume you have a yosh one that came with the exhaust.

Or you could always get a servo buddy.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
^ ^ ^ Correct... most people go with the servo buddy and remove the servo altogether as it is not used/needed with an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
^ didn't work on my '06.
Works on mine for the most part. I have a V2 unit which has now been replaced with the V3. Idling, cruising, and normal riding and the FI light is never on. At the track when I have sustained period of high revs, the light is triggered, but as soon as I bring the bike back down to idle it goes off.

Reading codes in dealer mode 2 does verify that it is the exhaust servo (usually code 34) and nothing else. Good enough for me, and as I understand it, this has been addressed with V3 which has a different resistor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts