Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just bought a 05 Zx6r model C1H off a close buddy of mine.
Noticed that occasionally the FI light will pop on, whenever i give it a rev it goes away and will sometimes pop back on.
Any idea what this could be?
i believe its the exhaust Butterfly valve, ran error code 63 in its past so im guessing it gets stuck or something? the wires on the servo do look rather loose as well.
Any ideas what to do from here? how to check? lub it up etc

Cheers guys

·
Registered
218 Posts
i had same prob on my 04 i thought it was same thing code 63 came up it ended up being the ecu all i can say is get a manual there out there for free do all the test on the tbs it says if it all checks good i would start with ecu thats what it took to get my bike to stop doing it good luck man pm me i have manual for your bike i will email it to you

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had same prob on my 04 i thought it was same thing code 63 came up it ended up being the ecu all i can say is get a manual there out there for free do all the test on the tbs it says if it all checks good i would start with ecu thats what it took to get my bike to stop doing it good luck man pm me i have manual for your bike i will email it to you
Sorry dude i didnt understand some of that, "get a manual there out there for free do all the test on the tbs it says if it all checks good i would start with ecu thats what it took to get my bike to stop doing it"

What do you mean?
New Ecu?

·
Registered
218 Posts
yes i replaced ecu to get mine to stop doing it. but the manual will give you several checks you can do to check the servo on the throttle bodies you will need a voltmeter if they pass all those test i would start there but im sure someone else would say different sending manual in a min

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You can find most of the manuals on this site. Look under the service manual topic.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My '06 did the same exact thing and it was the servo motor going bad. I just put in a servo eliminator and never had that problem again. Does it have an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Na completely stock
I tightened the Servo Cables last night, were really loose, the FI light still came on again last night and i did notice it wouldn't turn without a little bit of help. after i helped it turn it was fine and i havnt had the issue since. what does this mean? new servo motor? bit of a lube up?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im in nz and shipping from the states to here in tricky.. and besides ill prob end up getting a yoshi in 6 months or so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts