Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just bought a 2006 zx6r, put 300 miles on in and then washed it. Now the Fi light is on and it wont rev past 8k rpm and the idle is a little choppy. I ran the code and it gave me code 32 which is the Sub-throttle sensor malfunction. I've googled this on the net and found this is common after washing the bike but I haven't seen any solutions on what or how to fix it. I'm hesitate on taking it to the dealer if it's something I can do myself. Also, am I not supposed to wash the bike with a hose? ( I used a regular hose with light water pressure). Please forgive me in advance, I'm just getting back into riding after 25 years.

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the same FI code on. I will update you on what I find out. For me I didn't wash the bike. I bought the bike like this. I might just replace the entire sensor.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Yes you can wash the bike with a hose, just be mindful and keep high pressure water away from bearings and electrical connections. You can try unplugging the sensor and spraying contact cleaner inside the connection boot to see if that will clear it up. Otherwise you'll need to replace that sensor. It may or may not be sold as a unit with the throttle bodies but you'll need to double check.

A bit of advise that works for me... After I'm done washing the bikes (dirt or street) I whip out the leaf blower and go to town. The neighbors used to think I was crazy until I explained why I use it. An air compressor works too, but I don't have one big enough. Blow all water out of connectors, wheels, chain, linkages, levers and sensors.

Also, if you haven't already done so, head over to the service manual section and scoop yours up for free. It will save you tons of time and it's always good to have on hand.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the whole bike apart all the way down to the throttle body. I clean the connector to the Sub throttle sensor and unfortunately it didn't fix it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't understand how a wash can mess up the secondary throttle sensor. I messed mine up when I had to redo my main wire harness. I had to remove the sensor for the harness to be remove while keeping the throttle body on.

Is your bike limiting your rev and mph?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes! around 7-8 rpm. I just ordered the sensor which came with the entire throttle body. Any advise on replacing the sensor is appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice. I looked after you mentioned buying the whole throttle bodies. I was going to buy the sensor itself but $65-$75 for the entire part would be way better.

I don't know if you stumble on this video but I realized something. That my bike doesn't do this! When I put my ignition on the ON position, it makes the fluttering noise but it doesn't open fully, then closes, then opens slightly.

Mine opens slightly, closes then open slightly. (Opens fully, closes, slightly opens) This is suppose to be the correct way the throttle body response on the ON position.

Have you noticed this on your bike?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rye6RQHdCeY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts