Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
Was pulling into a shopping center today and when I pulled the clutch in I noticed my 09zx6r was idling around 4000rpm and the fi light was flashing (red blinker also, but no oil light). Turned the bike off for 20 seconds, started it back up...ran perfectly fine, rpm was back to normal and fi light went off. I had almost no gas in the bike as my light was blinking for about 20km (13miles).
Any ideas what could have caused this? Put another 5km on it on the way home after filling up with gas and all seemed well.
Just had stator and rectifier done, I hope it's nothing to be concerned about and just had to do with such low gas in the tank.
I'm also thinking could be throttle body or fuel pump. I'm Gunna go for another ride to see if it happens again.

·
Registered
11,008 Posts
I believe that would have been the "PUT GAS IN ME NOW" light and the higher revs were possibly because it was literally sucking fumes (more oxygen so the revs go up). No codes? If the light stays off and you don't have this problem again then you're most likely fine and my "HOLY SHIT I NEED SOME GAS RIGHT F**KING NOW" theory is correct. I do think I've had my fuel get that low where it flashed at me but I don't think I got the spike in RPM.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I filled my tank up (Shell 91 like always) and put about 80kms on it (55miles). No FI light/high idle. Must have been some fumes vacuumed into the system due to low gas that caused the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just experienced the same issue except it’s happened multiple times now and I’ve had plenty of fuel. When it’s happened I shut it off, wait a few seconds, turn it on, and then it’s running like normal with rpms back down, what else could that mean?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts