Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
alot of exhaust kits come with fender eliminator kits so if you plan on buying an exhaust, keep that in mind

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea I just looked at it again, and it looks like I can just get some l brackets and use that to hold the license plate while removing that ugly ass mud flap reflector holder...I think I'm going to do that until I get a exhaust.. =), I will post pics of the outcome later

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like a good plan - I recommend doing the exhaust and the kit simultaneously. Big headache avoidal.

Why Why Why did they ever put that gay mudflap fender bumper on these bikes, anyways?? Who thought that up?

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else has a fender eliminator Kit like this and how much did you pay for it.. I found this on http://estore.websitepros.com/873942/-strse-266/KAWASAKI-ZX6R-2007-2008/Detail.bok for 129.99... I just don't see how something small could cost so much. Especially when they don't come with the blinkers.
Yeah, all of the fender eliminator kits for our bike are really nothing. The value is in the fabrication really. Basically, it is worth what we are willing to pay.

I don't particularly care for the single row LED type though

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yeah my biggest concern with the fender eliminator kits for our bikes was not only the simplicity of most them at a high price but also the removal of the cargo-net hooks which I use quite a bit.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got mines yesterday. I didn't put it on yet cause it's been raining, but it looks like they made them in their basements. (cheap) I mean.. someone typed up the directions and printed them out. I ended up paying 110 including shipping. So i'll probably end up putting it on tomorrow and take some pics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well guys after riding like 40 miles yesterday to help get my bike broken in I decided I was going to see what i can do about the ugly ass mudflap for $0 cost...I decided to start unbolting stuff and realized just the lower part can be removed but unhooking the harness for the damn license plate light was a bitch since it was under the seat...So lets just say I had the seat off, rear seat off, the rear panels off and the black plastic heatshield off to get the damn wire and harness thru...but anyways, I got it all off and I must say it looks much better...I will be tapping out the studs you see where the mudflap/reflector holder used to be..And I just used big washers to bolt my temp plate to the cargo hooks, since I will never have cargo =) but other then that I think it looks way better and this can hold me off till i get a new exhaust... :)

What do you guys think... Sorry for the grainyness I used my cellphone and the low light made the pics worse then they normally are...

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
good job! what you did is pretty much what anyone will have to do if they want to get a FE bolded up, but spend money on the parts to bolt on afterward.

I did the same thing when I first got my bike, but decided to just leave the "shovel" there until I get a FE kit.

thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Photo 9.jpg

Photo 10.jpg
here are some pics of the fender recks kit on my bike it was only 89$ and it comes with new smaler turn singlas to get rid of the guly ones he 07 comes with soory about the poor pic quailtu i tock them with my laptops webcam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts