·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
476 Posts
this guy...relentless hahaha

I really like how well you take/accept criticism openly, and even more so, posting your ride vids to get some feedback. It's what the forum's all about!

can't watch the vids at work though :p

Seeing that bike though....UGH it makes me miss my bike already! and it's only been stored for one week :'(

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
Reactions: roflmawafl

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I'm not watching a 45 minute video unless there are boobs in it.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
:thatsgay: :bitchslap :popcorn: :eek:fftopic :postwhore: :eatcorn :eatcorn :worthless :supergay:

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
Surely somebody has something helpful or at least can say I'm doing something right lol
1: your links don't work on my phone...
2: 45 min of watching someone sit in traffic on a supersport sounds only slightly less painful than masturbating with sandpaper.
3: how did the rides feel? Did anything feel jerky? We're your SRs triggered? How were your sight lines? Did things feel smooth, or were you having to take quick actions? How did your wrists feel after the ride? Back? Thighs?
4: see #2

Ey3

Reactions: Gawernator

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1: your links don't work on my phone...
2: 45 min of watching someone sit in traffic on a supersport sounds only slightly less painful than masturbating with sandpaper.
3: how did the rides feel? Did anything feel jerky? We're your SRs triggered? How were your sight lines? Did things feel smooth, or were you having to take quick actions? How did your wrists feel after the ride? Back? Thighs?
4: see #2

Ey3
Well you're not supposed to watch it all, just skip around to a few sections lol...

I can go the whole ride without pain, I hold my body up with my core and thighs and can ride the bike for 2+ hours before starting to get any soreness. My level of physical fitness surely helps. Heavy traffic is not fun though and can make my back start to bother me but not usually and it goes away as soon as I'm done.

No SR or anything, I'm pretty good about that. Nice smooth ride without drama, besides that emergency stop when the truck pulled over and there was a truck dead stopped in the middle of the road. That wasn't even a close call though, I stopped with plenty of feet left.

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
IMHO:

Emergency braking == poor line selection.

Ey3

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IMHO:

Emergency braking == poor line selection.

Ey3
..how? It was right after an intersection. I was just following traffic.

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
..how? It was right after an intersection. I was just following traffic.
If you have to emergency brake, something surprised you. If you have good sight lines, things don't tend to surprise you.

So only IMHO:
Emergency braking means that your line and or speed for that line were wrong.

My rule:
I don't go faster than I can safely stop in the amount of pavement I can see.
I treat my rides as an exercise in finding lines with the longest sight line possible.

I define stopping safely as: slowing at a rate which will allow a face booking monkey in a cage to stop before hitting me.

:)

Ey3

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you have to emergency brake, something surprised you. If you have good sight lines, things don't tend to surprise you.

So only IMHO:
Emergency braking means that your line and or speed for that line were wrong.

My rule:
I don't go faster than I can safely stop in the amount of pavement I can see.
I treat my rides as an exercise in finding lines with the longest sight line possible.

I define stopping safely as: slowing at a rate which will allow a face booking monkey in a cage to stop before hitting me.

:)

Ey3
Well, if you see the video... I was only doing maybe 25 MPH, and turned into the lane closest to me which is the only legal turn... Not much you can do coming off market street with tons of big trucks. Emergency stop used loosely... It's not like I slammed on the brakes from 60-0 and barely made it... The other struck stopped in the road was meters away ..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey. I couldn't watch whole videos, but you did pretty good. Lane splitting can be safe or can be devastating- it depends how are you feeling with that. If you feeling comfortable that's the way to go. Never be super relaxed tho. And because you done that few times never feel like a pro and never loose your focus. You have to be 110%. And you have to know what you are doing and what you wanna do. That's all i can say. Be safe buddy, and always think twice- for yourself and for car drivers.

What i can suggest you- once in a while you can rev your engine a little bit just to let people know that you are coming. That works for me pretty good. Some people will try to get out of your way, some not but at least they will know you are there ;)
Cheers

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey. I couldn't watch whole videos, but you did pretty good. Lane splitting can be safe or can be devastating- it depends how are you feeling with that. If you feeling comfortable that's the way to go. Never be super relaxed tho. And because you done that few times never feel like a pro and never loose your focus. You have to be 110%. And you have to know what you are doing and what you wanna do. That's all i can say. Be safe buddy, and always think twice- for yourself and for car drivers.

What i can suggest you- once in a while you can rev your engine a little bit just to let people know that you are coming. That works for me pretty good. Some people will try to get out of your way, some not but at least they will know you are there ;)
Cheers
I got hit while splitting once so I'm never comfortable. Lol. I don't rev my engine because it was already a 100+ decibel exhaust. With the tip in its 8 decibel less... Still somewhat loud

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
any video over 5 minutes ...........forgetaboutit!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts