Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the forum a little while and.... is it me or is there a little bit of undertone of 636 vs '07s?

I will say that, even though I own an '07 I like the 636 better (that's another story), but the '07 is a nice looking bike with TONS of potential. Yes we can compare and contrast the two bikes but we should keep it in perspective. To each his (or her) own, right?

If I'm imagining things then flame on, but if I'm right, can we all just get along? :O

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
It seems to be the norm to think that the 07 brought in a lot of squids for Kawasaki. JUST like the 05/06 and even the 03/04 did back in it's prime. That doesn't mean everyone who rides them is a squid but it's the automatic assumption that because you're riding a brand new bike you are a brand new rider. We're humans, we're stupid. We jump to conclusions. I can't deny that I don't do it, because I do. I just choose not to voice it. It's not just this forum, believe me.

We're not all here to have a bitch fit. We're not a bunch of PMS suffering females (Except me. I'm void!). I'd like to think we can appreciate other peoples decisions and tastes without being a twat about it. That's the reason Crash made this forum in the first place, because most bike forums ARE full off twatty squidly turds. Usually people who voice their negative opinion without realizing there's a human being on the other side of that screen who might actually take offense to their flippant comment. But I guess you can't get away from those types in the real world, anyway.

This 636 vs 600 debate is much like the colour debate which, if you didn't know has made me develop a uncontrollable eye tick. In all honesty, no-one really has any grounds to debate 'which is better'. It's common knowledge that a lot of long term Kwaka fans found the 07 down right ugly. But like you said, each to their own. Particular year model people will always chum up and become BFF but in 3 years time, hardly anyone here will even own an 07.

Here at N6Z, we don't bicker, we don't fight. We 'discuss'. Then we engage in a group hug, including wandering hands below the waist.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
^+1 ....... Yea What She said...... besides arguin on the internet is like running in the special olympics....... even if you win you're still retarded!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I like the 1991-92, Zx7-R K1 & K2... so screw the 636 vz 600 look! LOL... Just Kiding.. But I love the look of the 92'

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't really start looking at Ninjas until the '06s came out. The first time I saw one it made me do a double-take. I was like (dayum). At the time I was a Honda man so...

But when I wanted a new bike the '07 was a no brainer.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I didn't really start looking at Ninjas until the '06s came out. The first time I saw one it made me do a double-take. I was like (dayum). At the time I was a Honda man so...

But when I wanted a new bike the '07 was a no brainer.

05's and the 06's are the same look.. ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
397 Posts
To tell you the truth, I don't really like my 636 too much. If I could find an 06 zx6rr, I would sell mine without hesitation. No one around me has one and I don't trust ebay. I might find one this winter to build if i can get lucky

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
To tell you the truth, I don't really like my 636 too much. If I could find an 06 zx6rr, I would sell mine without hesitation. No one around me has one and I don't trust ebay. I might find one this winter to build if i can get lucky
what don't u like about it???

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have rode it since it had 1100 miles on it, then I rode a zx6rr that a friend of mine has (which he refuses to sell) and I didn't want to give it back. In 35 mph corners, it would scream out of them at 120mph without even a bit of a hesitation. I don't know how it happens, but that 599cc has to be pushin 15 more hp that mine does, or its just the way its set up. But it rode, felt and handled like a comlpetely different bike.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I love my 05 6rr.. My next bike would probably be a Ducati or some Motard, or touring bike.. But you have to love not seeing the same bike as yours everywhere.. you Rarely see one.. 636 are every where..

·
Registered
316 Posts
At the end of the day model and colour are a personal preference. If you like black, you buy black ,if you like a 636, you buy a 636, simple.You're not going to waste hard earned money on something you don't like,are you.

·
Registered
503 Posts
All ZX6R's ROCK!

It's just that my 636 Rocks more than your 600!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i like my 07. never rode another sportbike before, but can't be much better than this :]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts