Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting some track only plastics for my 2011 ZX6R and had a couple questions.

I had done some research a while back and recall seeing that the 2013 bodywork is compatible with the 2009-2012 ZX6R's. Is that true?

I can't seem to find that thread anymore and was hoping to get some confirmation.

Based on what I can remember, the plastics should fit up without any issue. I'll just have to get the plastic trim pieces that go under the tank. I'd appreciate any feedback to make sure I'm looking at this correctly.

Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is also something I've been looking into too, great question! I've only heard opinions so far, would love to hear from someone who actually successfully did put the 2013-2018 on the 2009-2012.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is also something I've been looking into too, great question! I've only heard opinions so far, would love to hear from someone who actually successfully did put the 2013-2018 on the 2009-2012.
So I contacted Woodcraft about their Armour Bodies, and the president replied saying that the ram air and mirror mounts are completely different between the two bikes.

I don't believe that is the case though, so I'm going to be doing some digging into this, since people have swapped the two fairings before.

I'll have to look into this some more. I would order a set from STG to try out, but I don't believe they accept returns on bodywork in any circumstances.

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
^^ Eric Wood is right up there with RiversZZR on his knowledge of bikes...... the man makes his living wrenching race bikes, and designing parts. If he says it's different, you should have a very high degree of confidence in that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts