Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, am wondering if anyone has ever, or knows of someone who has done a complete fairing replacement on a 95 zx6r (zx600f1). have been rebirthing this bike for over 12 months now and am in the predicament of not being able to find parts. i have found full fairing kits for 94-97 zx6r, but none specify zx600f. I have run into this problem with other parts ie seat fairings etc and just bought second hand fairings off a 97 zx6r assuming (incorrectly) that they would be the same. screw points do not match up at all, so i would assume all these aftermarket fairing kits would be the same?
if i am unable to find the correct zx600f fairing kit (any direction there would be appreciated), my query is would it be possible to weld tags etc and re-drill screw points for these aftermarket pieces? what do you think? appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
02 zx6r
27 Posts
i have an 02 zx6r im redoing and i too have been trying to find replacement parts used, no luck at all, ive been researching fairing kits and there are a lot on ebay, and amazon, i tried last week to ask a question about kit on amazon, no reply at all!! im not familiar with your particular year, but mine the graphics are different each model year! try contact seller option on ebay and see if you can nail them down on fitment, thats the best i can think of

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
i have an 02 zx6r im redoing and i too have been trying to find replacement parts used, no luck at all, ive been researching fairing kits and there are a lot on ebay, and amazon, i tried last week to ask a question about kit on amazon, no reply at all!! im not familiar with your particular year, but mine the graphics are different each model year! try contact seller option on ebay and see if you can nail them down on fitment, thats the best i can think of
You started like 3 or 4 threads all about the same thing, people stop reading your thread when they are all basically the same.... new guy exhaust, new guy.... more exhaust talk... something else...oh wait about the exhaust again I think------ see I did not really read them once I saw it looked the same as the previous threads started..so myself and likely others never even saw any question about some fairing kit on amazon

just an observation and some thoughts from an old fuck

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
hey guys, am wondering if anyone has ever, or knows of someone who has done a complete fairing replacement on a 95 zx6r (zx600f1). have been rebirthing this bike for over 12 months now and am in the predicament of not being able to find parts. i have found full fairing kits for 94-97 zx6r, but none specify zx600f. I have run into this problem with other parts ie seat fairings etc and just bought second hand fairings off a 97 zx6r assuming (incorrectly) that they would be the same. screw points do not match up at all, so i would assume all these aftermarket fairing kits would be the same?
if i am unable to find the correct zx600f fairing kit (any direction there would be appreciated), my query is would it be possible to weld tags etc and re-drill screw points for these aftermarket pieces? what do you think? appreciate any feedback.
You would have to put up links to whatever it is you are asking about.......

but your ZX6R F model was produced in 95,96 and 97....... there happen to be other ZX6's produced those years as well.....so you need to make sure and find parts specifically for an F model (F1, F2, F3)
even if the seller doesn't list particularly for an F model on fairings, just looking at pictures you can easily tell F model fairings from the C or the E model of ZX6/Ninja600..........

·
Registered
02 zx6r
27 Posts
You started like 3 or 4 threads all about the same thing, people stop reading your thread when they are all basically the same.... new guy exhaust, new guy.... more exhaust talk... something else...oh wait about the exhaust again I think------ see I did not really read them once I saw it looked the same as the previous threads started..so myself and likely others never even saw any question about some fairing kit on amazon

so old fuck, can you explain to me nicely how to post? or do you just pose up? not very nice to a newby

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
If you can survive your first couple of interactions with Lloyd (aka RiversZZR) you will discover he is a nearly bottomless wealth of information concerning just about any aspect of motorcycle maintenance, engine building and race prep. He’s also quite busy running his motorcycle shop, and doesn’t spend a lot of time candy coating what he wants to say.

He actually answered your question in detail further into his post. That’s work he’s done multiple times and he was willing to share his knowledge with you.

·
Registered
02 zx6r
27 Posts
If you can survive your first couple of interactions with Lloyd (aka RiversZZR) you will discover he is a nearly bottomless wealth of information concerning just about any aspect of motorcycle maintenance, engine building and race prep. He’s also quite busy running his motorcycle shop, and doesn’t spend a lot of time candy coating what he wants to say.

He actually answered your question in detail further into his post. That’s work he’s done multiple times and he was willing to share his knowledge with you.
how did he answer my question? i didnt ask one, he critisizes my posts as new guy?! i cant find any other way to post as i already said im new to posting, im a guild master tech for 40 years, ive NEVER critisized with out explaining why and how to do better, mi think rivers is full of himself

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
but your ZX6R F model was produced in 95,96 and 97....... there happen to be other ZX6's produced those years as well.....so you need to make sure and find parts specifically for an F model (F1, F2, F3)
even if the seller doesn't list particularly for an F model on fairings, just looking at pictures you can easily tell F model fairings from the C or the E model of ZX6/Ninja600...

·
Registered
02 zx6r
27 Posts
how did he answer my question? i didnt ask one, he critisizes my posts as new guy?! i cant find any other way to post as i already said im new to posting, im a guild master tech for 40 years, ive NEVER critisized with out explaining why and how to do better, mi think rivers is full of himself
that wasnt my question, i was replying to it.then rivers piped in

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
so old fuck, can you explain to me nicely how to post? or do you just pose up? not very nice to a newby
I feel like I explained it already, don't start 3 threads that are all basically about the same thing.

And if my post offends so much, geezus wait until I actually find you giving shitty advice or information and then tear into to you..
I do not tolerate people giving the wrong information at all, and I don't hold back from tearing them a new asshole and shoving their head in it when they do......

I posted what I posted with the advice do not start 3 threads with the exhaust being the main point and that people likely never saw your question about fairings for your bike........ I have no idea how you get all butt hurt from that unless you are a Biden supporter........then it all makes perfect sense...

·
Registered
02 zx6r
27 Posts

I feel like I explained it already, don't start 3 threads that are all basically about the same thing.

And if my post offends so much, geezus wait until I actually find you giving shitty advice or information and then tear into to you..
I do not tolerate people giving the wrong information at all, and I don't hold back from tearing them a new asshole and shoving their head in it when they do......

I posted what I posted with the advice do not start 3 threads with the exhaust being the main point and that people likely never saw your question about fairings for your bike........ I have no idea how you get all butt hurt from that unless you are a Biden supporter........then it all makes perfect sense...
so old fuck, you didnt explain HOW TO POST DIFFERENTLY, as i said before a true professional would explain where the inexperienced were going wrong, as to butt hurt, or ripping another person, i think you are grossly unproffessional if you think that is ok

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
so old fuck, you didnt explain HOW TO POST DIFFERENTLY, as i said before a true professional would explain where the inexperienced were going wrong, as to butt hurt, or ripping another person, i think you are grossly unproffessional if you think that is ok
you clearly having reading and comprehension issues if you can't see how I spelled it out crystal fucking clear for you

and I really give absolutely zero fucks what you think of me, you are irrelevant to how I work or function

·
Registered
02 zx6r
27 Posts
you clearly having reading and comprehension issues if you can't see how I spelled it out crystal fucking clear for you

and I really give absolutely zero fucks what you think of me, you are irrelevant to how I work or function
you clearly are an ass, why dont you take another vacation

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
you clearly are an ass, why dont you take another vacation
oh you got me there........... I feel so offended now.............. NOT

·
Registered
02 zx6r
27 Posts
i joined this forum to learn and trade experiences with others, now im stuck in a pissing match, that wasnt my intent at all, now im going to take my own advice and act more professional, i wish you all a great day!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts