Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have info? done it? seen it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sure, for a 2003? i've never seen it. I found one website, but you have to send it to them... they cut the swingarm and put an extension in. Doesnt sound to safe to me but......... you never know.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Assuming your drag racing, start by strapping the front down and perhaps try a full tank of fuel, that may get you where you wanna be. You can get a little extra wheelbase by running the chain adjustment all the way back or close to it (with a chain cut to fit of course).

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Ive only had one dragbike with a 4 over swingarm.
Other then that, cant see ever wanting/needing another one.

Ive seen some sweet streetbikes with em.
And Ive seen some real junk too.
Its like if you are going to do it...you gotta go all out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha yea. my uncle was telling me to "send that bitch out". so he said ask the guys on the forum, see if they know anything.

·
Registered
66 Posts
heres my busa. rides like a caddy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
what are you trying to do? drag race or just cruise?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont really want to do it, he just told me to ask.... doesnt look bad on all bikes tho and by the way, im not to fond on busas but she dont look to bad.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
why do ya want to get swingarm ext if ya dont realy want em?? busa are a sweet ride

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i dont really want to do it, he just told me to ask.... doesnt look bad on all bikes tho and by the way, im not to fond on busas but she dont look to bad.
it just throws off everything the bike was made for. sport bikes like these are fine tuned to be corner carvers and have tremendous handling along with their awesome power. i don't like the look of them either, but the main reason i dislike them is because they defeat the purpose of a sport bike, which is the twisties.

if it's a drag bike, by all means...but dont buy a sport bike and do that injustice to it. ride it as it was made to be ridden. don't make its handling go to shit is basically what im saying. do you seriously feel like your bike lifts the nose too easily and that you should significantly sacrifice its handling so it doesnt pop up so easily? i know u said u dont really want one, but were just asking. and i dont care much for busas either, no offense signal. i respect them as a nice, quality bike, but i dont like em.

just my .02

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill keep you updated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
A friend of mine has a 06 636 he runs at the track, But he just puts on 4 in swingarm extensions for the track with his extended chain and drops the forks. Then when he wants to go hit the curvy roads on off weekends, it takes about half an hour to swap it all back. It's a more logical and cheaper way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts