Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of purchasing a yosh titanium pipe... What do you know about this exhaust and do you have any advice on a different one? Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im thinking of purchasing a yosh titanium pipe... What do you know about this exhaust and do you have any advice on a different one? Thanks!
exhaust is personal preference. I would try and hear them before you buy.

as far as yosh is concerned.. its a decent pipe and goes well with 6r's

u mite wanna try the two bro's they sound wickeed!:devious

check this site for a gr8 offer! :devious

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/yosh c rs5 636 05.htm

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Loved my Yosh on the 04. Not quite sure what the sound is like on the 05/06's though. Not all that loud but has a sweet scream at the higher rpms.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just got a Full Akra and i can testify first hand that it is awesome, more power + more sound = more FUN!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since the kawi has a spindle cable the is attached to the exhaust from the throttle. How do I detach that and hook up the new one? It seems pretty easy...

·
Registered
257 Posts
On the Full Akra you remove the whole thing and give something to install in its place. But there are more wires running to your exhaust and no more butterfly valve with the full exhaust.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well that stock can is a brick! Akra say three hp for a slip-on, but the weight saving is where the money is and the sound is awesome too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you want some more power remove your exhaust and gut the cat and reinstall!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I say akrapovic and its about 2-3 hp maybe but with a power commander and a custom map u will make like 6-10 depends but I heard that a slip on with a custom mapp matchs a full with OUT a custom map, I plan to get the akrapovic and gutt the cat and get a custom map and a air filter and call it a day

The full isn't worth the extra 900 dollars I will buy other stuff with the money and get a custom map

·
Registered
28 Posts
:horse:
get a slip on and cut the butterfly valve out of the old can and modify it to fit on your new pipe. that way you will retain your low end hp/tq, gain a hp or 2 up top, strip about 7 pounds, and it will sound cool too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
a slip on is no better than the stocker...some even hurt the horsepower. Looks and sound!

Full with a custom map is the only way to go:devious

And I'm sure you can figure out which I would recommend:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
:horse:
get a slip on and cut the butterfly valve out of the old can and modify it to fit on your new pipe. that way you will retain your low end hp/tq, gain a hp or 2 up top, strip about 7 pounds, and it will sound cool too.
The butterfly valve is located before the can, not in it. So when you get a slip-on (some brands) its not neccesary.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Personally and exhaust comes down to what you are looking for.

Asthetics, it's you opinion

Horsepower (top performers)
-Akrapovic
-Beet
-Arata

1 - 20 of 28 Posts