Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my zx6r this last March and since then have put maybe 400 miles on it, it had 23xxx when i purchased it and was running great.it came with a rs-5 yoshimura exhaust on it and the fl light was stuck on, i was told it was becuase they removed the butterfly valve and after looking online didnt question it really. now about a week ago i was out riding and gunned it from a stop, did my first (and i hope only) power wheelie and came down hard. Well on the ride home i started to notice a new noise in my exhaust, it sounds shaky i guess would be the best way to put it? after searching online im still coming up blank on what to do. i dont have the cash to take it to the shop but dont want to mess anything up worse if i keep riding. every once in a while the bike will just stop gaining speed after about 8k rpm. Any tips on what to look for or anything?

im holding the throttle steady at roughly 4k to show the sound, it is there at higher rpm but is pretty masked by the noise from the bike. sorry for the probably noob question, any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that must have been it. Went through and bench tested em while I was in there. Runs just fine now. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts