Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did a M4 SO and I removed the servo cables and everything was fine. But when I removed the servo itself it makes the check engine light turn on. How can I make this go away and if I leave the servo off will it damage the bike.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
879 Posts
there are some people selling servo eliminators on this board, but i followed a few comments and it seems like some people were having problems with it on their 2013+ zx6r's. I bought this one on ebay, primarily because I wanted something that i could return or protest through paypal.

Servo Buddy Kawasaki zx6r 2005 2013 Fi Light Exhaust Valve Servo Eliminator | eBay

reviews on the ebay page confirm it works for the 2013.

edit: it should arrive on or before May 1st, i will follow up on this thread with a review once i have it installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
there are some people selling servo eliminators on this board, but i followed a few comments and it seems like some people were having problems with it on their 2013+ zx6r's. I bought this one on ebay, primarily because I wanted something that i could return or protest through paypal.

Servo Buddy Kawasaki zx6r 2005 2013 Fi Light Exhaust Valve Servo Eliminator | eBay

reviews on the ebay page confirm it works for the 2013.

edit: it should arrive on or before May 1st, i will follow up on this thread with a review once i have it installed.
I can confirm that the Servo Eliminator you linked works for a '13. I've had it on for a few weeks now without any issue.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Is the servo eliminator essential?

Would there be any harm caused to the bike if you just removed the cables and left the servo motor in?
There won't be any harm if you just remove the cables and leave the servo motor plugged in

Reactions: 40acres

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use that space for the PC Auto Tuner. Either way OP, it's personal preference on if you want to keep it in or replace it with a dummy servo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a quick question regarding the zx6r's. I had an 08 zx10r with a slip on and had a servobuddy.

With my 07 zx6r I am going to be putting a Akrapovic slip on I noticed when I had the stock muffler on and started the bike, I tried reving the throttle and noticed it hesitated pretty bad between1-4k rpms.

Is this something that is normal? Or is it bogging because of the lack of backpressure?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I can confirm that the Servo Eliminator you linked works for a '13. I've had it on for a few weeks now without any issue.
received mine in the mail today, installed in under 5 minutes and yes, i'm confirming that it does remove the FI light.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just leave it in . Remove the cables only. :)
why? if you're removing the cables it's going to pop an FI light, you might as well just remove the whole system and shave a couple pounds off the bike. my graves slip on came with this mechanical servo fix, basically it was this angled plate that you screwed on top of the servo motor. when the servo would try and pull the cables that no longer exist, the plate would spin and get caught on an edge giving the servo the resistance it was looking for. that worked for a while but eventually my FI light popped back on. Aside from not working reliably, it will also eventually destroy the servo motor.

the best option is to remove the whole setup and plug in a servo eliminator.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts