Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all looking at putting a bigger smile on my 03 636 ,the question is can i put an exhaust (slipon) on my bike with out a power commander and apart from a sweet sound what other benifits will i get?

·
Registered
617 Posts
It depends!, what type of can are we talking about,what brand?,are you running stock air filter or aftermarket. By simply changing the can you may pickup a couple extra horses, but that's about it. You will also save some weight compared to the stock system so handling will improve slightly. My ride has a slip on exhaust coupled with a K&N air filter and a power commander( with custom map ) and I picked up about 7 extra horse power over stock.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
What Ninjarider said. You can run a slip on without a power commander no problems (That will add extra horsies, smooth out the power band and minimize popping though) but there are brands such as Scorpion that advertise that their cans don't need to be used in conjunction with a PCIII. The benefits a PCIII would provide with just a slip on would be minimal though. You'd need a full system to get the full benefits from it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put a Hindle Ti slip on which sounds amazing, best $50 I spent (used of course in mint condition). It did rough up the idle, not as smooth as it used to be but the weight it saved over stock, that stock pipe must weigh 15 pounds easy...besides the idle circuit, I dont notice any gains or losses... I would do it definately!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just a pipe will get you just a couple of extra horses but not much else. BUT, let's be honest that's NOT the real reason we put them on anyway is it?
We fit them 'coz-
a. They look good
b. They sound good
c. They make us feel better!

I've also read somewhere that 03-04 model 6's don't respond too well to pipes without power commanders. I can confirm that my last can did make the bottom end kinda fluffy. Did i care? Look at A-C above!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts

Just put this on this week.. I found the engine revs up a bit quicker
and sounds WAY better.. Nice low growl now. As for Hp gains or loses...
None that my a$$ can feel

·
Registered
617 Posts
Never been a big fan of Hindle, if you buy a can you have to buy a link pipe because they don't include one, plus their pricey compared to the quality. If you can find a used one with the proper link,go for it,I'd rather spend my money on something with better quality. :thumbup

·
Registered
617 Posts
There has got to be some type of dillusion associated with the color blue on a motorcycle giving a false sense of speed over other colors:coocoo

·
Registered
68 Posts
Arrow every time...............

A bit of a performance to install but...

Good and loud with the baffle out. Very light, and not that expensive as the sleeve is only aluminium not Ti.
Convinced my 636 is faster with the Arrow:devious

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
man i feel robbed my arka only the can and the little pipe right behind the can like few inches( does the arrow go almost to the point where it meets the headers?

·
Registered
68 Posts
man i feel robbed my arka only the can and the little pipe right behind the can like few inches( does the arrow go almost to the point where it meets the headers?
See the large white Kawasaki decal on my lower fairing? The mid-pipe join can be seen just above the "Ka" of that decal. The replacement mid-pipe is lghter than the stock as it has no heat shielding and is thinner metal. I don't know if that makes for better performance......

295 Euros from

http://www.redracingparts.com/en/en...temscanistersliponspipesmufflersmanifolds.php

Looking at the site you can probably get the can without buying the mid-pipe too. My Japanese importer didn't give me an option....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts