Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im new to the zx6r forum. I bought an 01 zx6r last season and now its time to start making it my own. I want to buy and exhaust for it. I think im going to get a set of stock 03-04 headers so that i can get a high mount or undertail exhaust. I was just wondering if any mods need to be done since the bike will not have any stock exhaust components. I read somewhere that if you go this route, you have to jet the carbs. I know that things will of course be different depending on what exhaust system i go with, but i just had some questions about a general rule of thumb. So my questions are

- Is this true, do you have to jet the carbs to run the 03-04 headers w/ appropriate slip on?

- if so, what kits do people prefer?

- if not, are there any mods needed to keep the bike running properly...(dyno etc)

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Someone will chime in with help, until then Welcome!

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Welcome to the forum..
If you run the 03/04 header with slip on exhaust you can jet the exhaust or shim the needles. If you want a under tail exhaust then you need to get a different header like a 05/06, swing arm from same year, and make up a link pipe plus a whole tail section for it.. Can be done just takes time and money if you want that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow! i didnt realize there was that much work involved in going with the undertail. think ill go with a high mount. thanks for the feedback and warm welcomes! you guys are a lot nicer then the guys on the srtforums lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts