Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if they recognize this exhaust? It came with the bike and has absolutely no sound dampening ability what so ever. Riding at certain RPM hurts my ears to the point of having to wear plugs. I can only imagine how loud it is to others as well. Im trying to figure out a good replacement or method to quiet this exhaust, as I really enjoy the look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honestly man that looks like some cheap ebay exhaust made in China. It's nothing but a straight pipe.

You probably already know about the m4 exhaust: Amazon.com: 09-12 KAWASAKI ZX6R and 13-15 KAWASAKI ZX636: M4 GP Series Slip-On Exhaust - Black (BLACK): Automotive

The m4 in my opinion is the best exhaust for this bike looks wise (it is one of the shortest available) and it sounds amazing. Coming with a few baffle options with it. I would recommend that one.

I don't imagine you'll find anything decent like that exact one you have that also comes with an real baffle, I could be wrong though.

Also, if you go for the m4, don't get a knockoff. I did that once to save money and it not only didn't fit my bike, but it sounded lame.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Looks like a straight pipe to me (no muffler). +1 on the M4 GP! It's the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a ZX-6R (I've personally had OEM, Akrapovic, and now M4 GP on mine).

Also, you should be wearing ear plugs when you ride anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was hoping to have some way to pack it or make it quieter, but im looking at the M4. Do they make an M4 for the 07?

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Yeah I was hoping to have some way to pack it or make it quieter, but im looking at the M4. Do they make an M4 for the 07?
Well, you're 2007 was originally an undertail exhaust, so somebody modified it to remove the undertail and put a short pipe on it. So the M4 GP won't be made specifically for that year model. You will just have to make sure the size (diameter) on the mating end will fit the outlet on your bike where the pipe attaches, and also that the mounting bracket will line up to attach somewhere (usually one of the rearset/foot peg bolts).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks like a straight pipe to me (no muffler). +1 on the M4 GP! It's the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a ZX-6R (I've personally had OEM, Akrapovic, and now M4 GP on mine).

Also, you should be wearing ear plugs when you ride anyway.
I only yesterday started wearing earplugs with my stock zx6r and wow what a difference. It really makes riding even more enjoyable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts