Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I just bought italian MIVV slip-on exhaust, very brutal sound, my insides are just shaking from the sheer loudness (just listen it roar:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IvhesIi8KoE
on Ebay, so I'm just waiting to arrive...

So, the question is...
should I change the electrics, ECU or something in order to things work out fine, or just slip it on, and ride?

tnx

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Slip on's are designed to do just that; slip on.

Unless you get a full system and an air filter change you're fine to ride as is. A PCIII wouldn't hurt but you wouldn't gain much from it except smoothing out the powerband. You're probably gonna get some minor popping from the exhaust but that's about it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slip on's are designed to do just that; slip on.

Unless you get a full system and an air filter change you're fine to ride as is.

Ok, thanks, but I'm also planning to do an air filter change (K&N) soon, so in conjunction with the new exhaust, I still shouldn't have any trouble with that kind of settings, right?

PCIII is still not in consideration.
Yet. ;)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Ok, thanks, but I'm also planning to do an air filter change (K&N) soon, so in conjunction with the new exhaust, I still shouldn't have any trouble with that kind of settings, right?
A slip on and air filter change will still be alrighty without a PCIII :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
i run a slip-on can and K+N filter with no pciii and she runs just luurrrrrvvly!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I disagree with everyone except lee6r, even if it is "just" a slip-on, with the large reduction in baffle restriction creates much increased exhaust air flow. Hmm, I wont go into this greatly but lets just think about this. If more air is going out, what also should be coming in to feed this awaiting power? OXYGEN!!!! i personaly like the BMC's the best but if you would rather go with the K&N, hey why not.

·
Registered
397 Posts
the higher flowing air filter will also create a smoother idle with the aftermarket pipe, compared to the paper stock filter, if you dont believe me or want to really find out for yourself, try it, you'll see

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice can. Different kind of sound to what you get to hear over here. Not so sure about the low rev sound, but wind her up and the sound is brilliant.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice can. Different kind of sound to what you get to hear over here. Not so sure about the low rev sound, but wind her up and the sound is brilliant.
Low revving is just mean and loud GROWLING, but the revving it up... man. :)

I just can't wait to get it, I dream it every night, like a little kid! :D

The moment I slip it on, I'll put it on YouTube for all of you to hear.

Btw, I'm new on the forum! :D
Hi, guys! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts