Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given a Art end can for my J2 a few people have recommended i have my bike set up on a dyno, The bike it self seems to run no different however they have warned me the bikes engine will run to hot causing poss engine damage im a bit reluctant to have to mess about with the carb settings is there any truth in what people are saying ...Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
i personaly wouldent worry about it if its not running any different. if the tick over is jumpy then i think u might need a dyno jet but im not sure im new to bikes and im just going bye wot i was told bye a garage near me:O

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i highly doubt you'll have any problems with just an end can. a full system could cause your bike to run lean or rich, and thus have problems....but even then that's not terribly likely...and endcan causing that is virtuall unheard of. you'll see virtually no gain on a dyno too, btw...no more so than you would with just the stock can.

-:banana

·
Registered
316 Posts
I ran a 96 F2 for about 5 years with a Scorpion minus baffles and a K&N filter in just had the Carbs balanced and it was fine.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wouldnt worry about re jetting it unless you run a full exhaust, high performance filter and some sort of an airbox mod. Just a slip on is nothing more than sound in my opinion!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Im running a G2 with a MRS end can with removable baff's and it runs great, i wouldn't do owt, if it aint broke, dont fix it! And thats from a fellow stockton-on-teeser! all the best

·
Registered
127 Posts
:) lol… ever fancy a blast to richmond, helmsley etc, just drop me a note, all the best and enjoy the exhaust!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I had a '99 G2 with a D+D end can. It ran great with no set-up but then i DID get it dyno'd by BSD in Peterborough, where Mark Brewin did his witchcraft on it. WOW!!! It was sooooooooo smooth after he had his way with it. Not really much more power but jusy so goddam linear and useable.
I believe the best tune up for zx6r carbs are to use zx9r bits in them! Worked on mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i will do ginger ..Theres a bike meeting on at Harrogate area over easter weekend going to try and get there..Might see you there

·
Registered
127 Posts
sounds like a good plan, i'll be sure to drop you a line if im there. Theres a good one at helmsley the second weekend in June i think, friday till sunday morning, i camped over last year and did a few runs to whitby and around the area, greats roads. All the best, and hope to see you and the zx6r soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
so have u fittid it yet cos i got a price for an art can today £97 fitted and im tempted and really wanna no wot it sounds like please let me know :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts