Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have been riding motorcycles for 44 plus years now and always give the wave when on the road to whomever. If you're riding something you're cool with me!

This weekend after a long ride on my way home I came across a group of Harleys in formation going the opposite way on a two lane highway. Pretty cool site about 40 or 50 of them ape hangers and all. Any ways I gave them the wave down low and the fingers flew at me? What Assholes! I know who they are (local group) giving bikers a bad name. Made me want to turn around and blast past them but I knew better!

Do you guys wave to everyone? I still will but maybe not first when they're Bikers

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yeah I wave to all apart from patched members. If I don't get a wave back then I don't judge. Some people live in a different world entirely.

Reactions: ON1WHL

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I wave back if waved too, but I never initiate the wave unless it is someone I know............ but with typical closing rates of ~140, on roads with real corners and curves, there is not alot of time to distinquish friend or foe or more times than not just forgo any and all friendlies

I likely wave to more riders as I pass going the same way than I wave to riders I meet going the opposite direction....... Don't want the passed guys thinking I didn't give them room or respect when I pass their slow ass for parking it in all the corners and ruining my fun

·
Registered
976 Posts
I always wave not matter. If they don't wave back just figure they are too scared and trying to hang on. I've met and talked with some great HD riders and I've seen some who were aloof - guess they were studying up to get a BMW. Few years ago pulled into my local dealership. A couple HD riders and females were in the parking lot next to their bikes. I pulled in and parked next to them and got off my ZX6R. They were looking me over and didn't say anything. I got off my bike, took my gloves and helmet off, and since they were eyeing me told them "when you grow up you can get one of these too. LOL At the time I was 60+ with grey hair and they were in their 40s. I didn't wait for a response just walked into the dealership for what I went there for. :)

I've encountered some great folks out riding on all kinds of motorcycles from BMW 1600GT, to Goldwings to small sport bikes and even scooters. Had a great day long ride from Duboise Wyoming thru the Terons over to Arco Idaho with a fella on a HD. Two guys on different bikes enjoying riding across the land and having a good time. We met when camped next to each other, had dinner then rode together the next day and have not seen since but have a great memory of a fun time riding. When the weather turn wet and nasty and I pull in for gas and a bite of food, every biker I encounter is friendly. We share a common bond no matter what the ride. I've found a lot of seemingly aloof folks are not unfriendly, a few minutes of friendly conversation warms them up.

·
Registered
15,655 Posts
I wave, initiating it 90% of the time. I get a response over 50% of the time. Doesn’t matter to me what someone else is riding, fact is they’re in the same wind as me facing the same risks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't wave, but I do hold out my hand or closed fingers almost 100% ...even to 'CLUBS'. You are WAY butter off not attacking the attention of 'club members' or 'patches'.

I get a wave back at least 90-95%... lots of motorcycle riders in SF BAY area!

I def DO NOT WAVE If need that hand..but I nod if I can too.

I ALWAYS wave if passing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Few years ago pulled into my local dealership. A couple HD riders and females were in the parking lot next to their bikes. I pulled in and parked next to them and got off my ZX6R. They were looking me over and didn't say anything. I got off my bike, took my gloves and helmet off, and since they were eyeing me told them "when you grow up you can get one of these too. LOL At the time I was 60+ with grey hair and they were in their 40s. I didn't wait for a response just walked into the dealership for what I went there for. :)
Food Gesture Finger Baked goods Thumb

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

1 - 7 of 7 Posts