Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
You shouldn't run ethanol on an engine that wasn't designed for its use. My $.02 . If anyone here uses ethanol on their motor vehicles for going green, then I would gladly revoke your man card ;)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You shouldn't run ethanol on an engine that wasn't designed for its use. My $.02 . If anyone here uses ethanol on their motor vehicles for going green, then I would gladly revoke your man card ;)
Um.... Try to find a station in CA that doesnt have at least 10% ethanol....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I will say it definitely damages fuel systems though, Ducati had to replace my 848 tank already because of this...

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I actually work for CARB of the Cal EPA, so I have a pretty good handle on fuels and all that jazz.... As such, I cannot really comment one way or the other in terms of my personal opinion of ethanol in fuel. I can say that I was not really thrilled at having to deal with Ducati USA and Ducati Italy for over a month to get my 848 Nicky tank replaced..... Fun that was not.

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
I actually work for CARB of the Cal EPA, so I have a pretty good handle on fuels and all that jazz.... As such, I cannot really comment one way or the other in terms of my personal opinion of ethanol in fuel. I can say that I was not really thrilled at having to deal with Ducati USA and Ducati Italy for over a month to get my 848 Nicky tank replaced..... Fun that was not.
I was directing that mostly at Pat. :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
The nearest one of those is 162 miles from my house. Probably not worth the effort.....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The nearest one of those is 162 miles from my house. Probably not worth the effort.....
Yeah. Might as well just go get some VP 100. That should be E-free.... Just tell them its for your track bike.... :2fingerlol:

·
Super Moderator
12,479 Posts
what's card lock station? :O
Some gas stations place a hold for the mean gas purchase amount on every card run and actually run the card at a later point in time.
Just a guess.
Ey3

·
Registered
780 Posts
Agreed. We move at a positively glacial pace!!!
Slow to remedy bad past decisions, but no problem is rushing in stuff without thinking about it. For example, the famous MTBE mandate......... another shining example of California BS.

Let's add something to the gas that penetrates the aquifers, gets into ground water supplies, raises gasoline prices, etc.... and only retract once the public finds out and raises a fuss.

In one known instance, the city of Santa Monica spent nearly $200m to clean up wells contaminated with MTBE.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts