Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if a 05-06 engine will swap into a 03-04 frame? Just made lunch of my 03/636 engine and cant find 1 anywhere, or how about a ZX10 engine. Now that would be nice wouldn't it :hail

·
Registered
116 Posts
if your've got the skillz, a welder and a large hammer, you can make it fit :laugh

I suspect the later model engines won't fit the 03/04 as kawa changed the frame in the 05/06 and 07 models

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Regarding the 10R. I'd say no. The swingarm and chassis is built for a 600cc motor, not a 1000cc. It wouldn't handle the torque. You're going from a 110hp motor to a 160hp one, there's bound to be a little bit of flex. Of course, the tolerance it would have would probably be substantial but you'd probably be better off just buying a 10R and be safe.

Not sure about the 05 6R one. Of course, anything is possible with modification.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i say go for it,......... any thing will fit with a slight modification i wouldnt worry about the frame been built for a 600 the gsxr slabby can only just about handle its own 750 motor but plenty people shove 1100 in them to build 7/11's but then im new to the zx-r's and havent really any experience with them so i could be wrong but the frames are rather big and cudddly compared with the slabbys thin rigid frame?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am with Quarkz on this one. The frame and swing are not made for a 1000 motor and i know they were having a hard time with some of the zx10r frames twisting a few years back, imagine what it would do to the 6.

If you were to try and put a 1000 motor in the 6 i would get a very good frame guy to look into it and strengthen the frame if needed before chancing it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
zx10r frame goes OVER the engine not ROUND it like on a zx6r!

·
Registered
66 Posts
a guy on psychobike.com did a turbo 10 motor in his 03 636. he basically had to cut the frame in half and do alot of fabrication.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does any one know if a 05-06 engine will swap into a 03-04 frame? Just made lunch of my 03/636 engine and cant find 1 anywhere, or how about a ZX10 engine. Now that would be nice wouldn't it :hail
talked to another guy, everything bolts up on an 05-06 engine except one mount, so he left that one out and it was fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
05 to 07 engine

I I am buying a 07 zx6r with 20k miles on it but I found a wrecked 05 with low miles for $600 parts and engine I was wondering if I could switch the engine and other parts from the 05 to the 07 thanks for your time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts