Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 zx6r (636)and the engine failed so i bought an engine to replace and the engine i got unfortunately is not the same i got a engine for a 2005 zx6r (600) the issue is that the electrical plugs to the new engine do not match that of the bikes. Do you suggest getting converter cables or selling the new engine and getting one of the same exact types. I dont want to cause any issues to the bike due to having the wrong engine even though they are from the same year and bike just different CC.

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
I imagine the ECU will be different too. So you'd probably need the wiring harness and ECU from a 600 to go with it, or you get a 636 engine to go with your current setup. It's up to you. How much hassle do you want to go through and how much money you want to spend? I imagine 636 engines are less common than 600s.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
This is where doing about 30 seconds more research would have been a good idea.

Personally.... I'd sell the one you bought and try finding the right motor. Save you the hassle of re-wiring an entire bike, buying a harness and ECU, and potentially a few other bits and pieces as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts