Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have some top end noise from my 05 636 and I recently read a bunch of crap on the Internet and went and replaced the timing chain tensioner. Didn't fix anything . So I checked the valve clearance and found only one valve was off by .02 mm . That's ridiculously small . So I decided to put it back together because I didn't want to risk breaking it or waste time taking everything apart just to fix .02 mm. I decided that I felt ok knowing that nothing is way out of spec and I won't blow my motor up.... Just wanted some thoughts......???

·
Registered
35 Posts
My first thought would have been cam chain tensioner. As for half a though of the valve clearances a dirty feeler can make more difference than that.

I'd just make sure the oil is clean and in good condition and wouldn't worry and just enjoy!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
ON my 2006 636 I had a very annoying noise near the top of the engine as well ... It wasn't an issue while revving, more so when it was idling .. CCT was good on mine, valves were good too, so I dunno what it was. didn't really pay too much attention to it. after a while I forgot it was there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts