Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my original engine I had left the gas station on my 04 636 with 24k on it, I clutched up in second and about mid wheelie I heard a loud POP, get to the light and the bike is knocking but still running. Fast forward I pull the clutch cover and the fiber plate closest to the engine had Exploded so I replaced the clutch kit and some other stuff and it hasn’t started since. My question is would a spin bearing still let the engine run? If so I’ve gotta dig deeper in this thing

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
If the cases had too much oil in them, a wheelie could result in the intake getting doused in oil.... that could lead to hydraulic lock if enough gets sucked into a cylinder so that a piston can't get to TDC. A loud POP is definitely Not A Good Thing.

Rings, rods, bearings, valves.... all can be victim.

Check the inside of the air box. Is it dry?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, the engine can run with a spun bearing. But it really shouldn't. You will be multiplying the catastrophic damage by the second.

Definitely find out what it is before you try and run it. Or at least pull the plugs out and turn it over by hand to see if it feels funny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up rebuilding the top end on it(that’s where I thought it went wrong) while re building it it had a hard spot that I had to kinda force the wrench when turning to TDC

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Define "rebuilding the top end"

and while "rebuilding the top end" did not look at and feel the rod bearings for color and free play etc????

Reactions: KawasakiBrad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Define "rebuilding the top end"

and while "rebuilding the top end" did not look at and feel the rod bearings for color and free play etc????
I pulled the entire top endnote off sent the head and cylinders out to Be honed and cleaned, all new piston rings, valve guid tube seals timing guides, chain brand new valve shims, new timing chain, basically the top end is brand new

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve run it down to either the throwout bearing is shot or my rod and bearing are shot I just gotta figure out how to tell what size and color bearings I needs

·
Registered
41 Posts
So on my original engine I had left the gas station on my 04 636 with 24k on it, I clutched up in second and about mid wheelie I heard a loud POP, get to the light and the bike is knocking but still running. Fast forward I pull the clutch cover and the fiber plate closest to the engine had Exploded so I replaced the clutch kit and some other stuff and it hasn’t started since. My question is would a spin bearing still let the engine run? If so I’ve gotta dig deeper in this thing
Go to a Kawasaki Motorcycle Dealership and purchase a 2020 ZX10r. Problem solved 😀.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I’ve run it down to either the throwout bearing is shot or my rod and bearing are shot I just gotta figure out how to tell what size and color bearings I needs
Service manual, but when a bearing spins the crank and rod are now shot and typically need replacing!!!!!!!!!

You are going to need an engine builder to look at it and likely do the work to do it right as you do not seem competent to do it with positive results given the post chain thus far.......

or go spend a few thousand on all the proper tools and buy the service manula and go nuts learning.......it'll be an expensive lesson

1 - 10 of 10 Posts