Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you're not taking your bike to the track, then I think Engine ICE would be fine. I don't know much about it though.

If you're going to take your bike to the track I'd recommend "Water Wetter"

A lot of tracks don't allow Engine ICE because it's a glycol based coolant (slippery).

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is that Water Wetter doesn't offer any freezing protection, so don't leave it in during the winter unless your bike stays in a heated place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Water Wetter.... and distilled water
+1

That is what I use in my track bike. Water Wetter is really just a lubricant for your water pump. Water disperses heat better than coolant so if you are just trying to reduce your running temps I'd suggest just running a lower concentration of coolant. Try 70% water and 30% coolant, that will still give you plenty of freeze protection and lubricate your pump too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From Redline's site

WaterWetter® is a unique wetting agent for cooling systems which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30ºF. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Or it can be added to new or used antifreeze to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems. Designed for modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze systems. Compatible with all antifreezes, including the latest long-life variations.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Engine ice is perfect for street riding an anywhere with chances of sub-freezing temps:thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts