Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drained my coolant last weekend and then did a flush with 50/50 distilled vinegar/distilled water, another flush with just distilled water, and then refilled with Engine Ice.

All I gotta say is I am very impressed with this product. At the track in the past I usually came out of a session and was at 210-220 degrees farenheight. This weekend with the Engine Ice I would always come off between 180-185. That is nothing short of amazing as far as I'm concerned!

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Except that it's still slippery. You'll only see me with water wetter if it's on the track.
-Cody
Water and water wetter is great, but it freezes in the winter so its a no go for me as my bike lives in an outdoor garage with no heat or insulation.

Although I guess I could drain the coolant every year once the season comes to a close...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Water and water wetter is great, but it freezes in the winter so its a no go for me as my bike lives in an outdoor garage with no heat or insulation.

Although I guess I could drain the coolant every year once the season comes to a close...
Problem solved!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

+1 that's what I do.

Reactions: Ebster1085

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

Yup. Just drain the system. It should be flushed every year anyway. As someone who wrecked on someone else's engine ice...trust me, you don't want to be the guy that causes someone else to go down :(
-Cody

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I thought Engine Ice was non glycolic so I gave it a try 3 track weekends ago. They told me I had to drain it. Missed the first session.

I am also in the hunt for something that I can run at the track but not have freeze over in winter.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Or, drain it out of the track bike and put it in your street bike and jump to water + water wetter now.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I use engine ice as well but not because it makes my bike run cooler (which I don't believe it significantly does), I use it because it is one of the only anti freezes that my track/racing org allows. I have been to the track where temps have been below freezing over night and morning.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
So wait...

Engine Ice is a no-go for the track? What is a track acceptable coolant?
Depends on the organization I believe. Some allow it, some don't. Most people that run track bikes are using water wetter

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Depends on the organization I believe. Some allow it, some don't. Most people that run track bikes are using water wetter
Gotcha. Thanks. Reasoning being? ie. why they wouldn't allow engine ice. Chemicals?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Interesting thread on it on the gixxer forums:

Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant from Sportbiketrackgear.com : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com

I'll continue to use it until they say I can't use it. They just recently started allowing it in my org, probably because I pushed for it. :)
My life will be so much easier if my org will allow it.

I drag my feet in the cold seasons because I'm gonna start catching the colder track days in November.

Problem is that this Georgia weather in unpredictable. One day, it'll be a smooth, nice 80 degrees outside, the next day 60.

If someone formulates a coolant thats safe on the track, year around, I will willingly buy it at whatever cost.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts