Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going to a couple of track days I have decided that I would prefer an enclosed trailer over the open trailer that I am using now. It's nothing special but it will do the job. After just two trips to the track I'm already tired of having to worry about unloading once I get home.

Open Trailer....

Here is how the trailer used to look. I used it for rc car racing. Unfortunately for the past three years it has only been used for storage.

Unfortunately for the past three years it has only been used for storage. I removed the monitor a couple of years ago and the storage bin has pretty much fallen apart. I removed the cabinets and counter top a couple of days ago.

So far I have installed an e-track system and a Harbor Freight chock. I still have a good bit of work to do but here is how it sets now.

More to come....

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That stuff is more expensive than track days? Seriously?
I would spend an average of $100 - $200 a week racing them. I spent around $8,000 total racing one year inside and out.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Nice trailer btw, lowcel. Looks like you'll have it all spiffed up in no time. Now just get yourself a small AC unit and you're all set :)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap how and on what? LOL so glad I never went down that hobby path and don't think I wasn't tempted.
Tires are around $60 or $70 a set. Have to have them for all conditions and you are lucky to get two weekends out of them. Bodies only last a few weeks. Parts break.

Now figure you race two or three cars inside. Two outside. Not the same two. It adds up fast.

Don't forget race fees. I would usually spend $50 or so a weekend on fees.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Tires are around $60 or $70 a set. Have to have them for all conditions and you are lucky to get two weekends out of them. Bodies only last a few weeks. Parts break.

Now figure you race two or three cars inside. Two outside. Not the same two. It adds up fast.

Don't forget race fees. I would usually spend $50 or so a weekend on fees.
Wow. I had no idea. That cracks me up that you have to buy tires. To me "toy" cars just come with tires and you're done forever.

I had no idea (although I should have guessed) that it went THAT deep.

I had a friend's dad who was SUPER into slot car racing back in the 80's and he had over a quarter mile of track in his rec-room all fully done up with train set miniatures and everything. It was amazing. I know the cars were very expensive (the good ones) so I imagine he spent a pretty penny on that. I don't even know if they exist anymore.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Ok nostalgia may just cost me. I just googled slot cars and I'm already feeling the need to click "Buy now with 1 click"

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. I had no idea. That cracks me up that you have to buy tires. To me "toy" cars just come with tires and you're done forever.

I had no idea (although I should have guessed) that it went THAT deep.

I had a friend's dad who was SUPER into slot car racing back in the 80's and he had over a quarter mile of track in his rec-room all fully done up with train set miniatures and everything. It was amazing. I know the cars were very expensive (the good ones) so I imagine he spent a pretty penny on that. I don't even know if they exist anymore.
You would not believe how serious people take racing RC cars. I saw two actual fights in the year that I raced. I heard more arguments in that hobby than any sport I have ever been involved in.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
You would not believe how serious people take racing RC cars. I saw two actual fights in the year that I raced. I heard more arguments in that hobby than any sport I have ever been involved in.
I bet it's pretty fun though. I'd sure love to have a decent one. Do you have any you'd recommend for a person who just wants to play around casually?

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet it's pretty fun though. I'd sure love to have a decent one. Do you have any you'd recommend for a person who just wants to play around casually?
Unfortunately no. Just playing around really isn't all that fun to me. With that said, I love playing around with my Blade 350QX quadcopter. :D

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know the pain of adding up costs after a season of racing.
If the word "race" is involved it's going to be expensive.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
that quadcopter looks like a lot of fun. Was that you with the gopro attached to it? I thought that was awesome.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that quadcopter looks like a lot of fun. Was that you with the gopro attached to it? I thought that was awesome.
Yep. That's me.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts