Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a very close encounter with a copper yesterday because of my reluctance to use my blinker while they were behind me. Long story short, my integrated tail light isn't legal so I faked there was something wrong with my bike, pulled off the side of the road and fiddled about with imaginary problems. They sat at stared at me for about 25 seconds then went the other way but when they noticed me hauling ass they slammed on the brakes and started to do a uturn. I went and hid in a housing estate for 15 minutes to calm my heart palpitations.

So my question is: Can I attach a set of blinkers on the rear and connect them up to the same wiring the integrator uses? Will it overload it? Also, will I have to use LED's or bulb blinkers? I only ask because even though I have a flasher relay the front and back blinkers flash at a good rate but they flash out of sync with each other (People at Kawiforums said it was because of the power load difference). I need the backs to flash in time with the integrator or a way to fix the problem in general. If I replace the fronts with LED's will they all flash in harmony?

I'm using the Dr X VFX kit btw.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
And I ask questions like, "Wheres the keyhole for the back seat?"

*feels like a n00b*

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can wire a set of blinkers to it no problem. I would stick to LED but you can bulbs as well. Just make sure you wire the correct blinker to the corresponding side ;) I have all LEDs and with a LED Flasher Relay.

If I get a chance I will make a simple drawing for how to wire it up, but will have to wait til I get home.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have no worries wiring it up. I can just solder it a little further up from the current solder before the plug, no? I'm just worried about it over loading considering there will be two indicators taking load from the one wire. I've had trouble with the smoking and plastic melting of bulbs before so I'm a dubious about doing it again.

I'm assuming if I put bulbs on the back they will flash in time with the bulbs at the front because they have the same resistance. If I have LED's on the back they should flash at the same rate as the integrator, yes? In that case I should stick to the LED's. Huh. I just answered my own question.

It's that low resistance of the LED's in the integrator thats making them flash slightly slower than the front bulbs, thus creating a delay and putting them gradually out of sync. Does anyone know how to correct this? I look like a Xmas tree at nighttime with all the bulbs flashing at different intervals.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
LEDs have virtually no draw...adding more isn't a worry...this is also the reason why your LEDs are out of synch with the incandescents...adding a resistor (not sure what ohmage) will synch them though.

-:banana

·
Registered
397 Posts
if you put in bulb style, it will create a larger load (unharmful) and slow down the blink rate, so it should put them back to sync.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O rly?

Well the bulbs are pretty cheap so I'll give em a shot and see what happens. I'm glad there will be no overloadin happenin. Thanks guys. Appreciated.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seriously, you want and install of normal boring rear blinkers?

You're getting desperate Crash :laugh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts