Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new in the forum i ride a 2009 zx6r i haven't ride since 3 months i have electrical issues. First my bike died and wouldn't start i replaced the stator (which it had exposed wires and it was burned) but the bike didn't start so i got a new battery and it did started for 4 or 5 times but then i started to loose power and the lights started to go off until it died. I really don't know what to do anymore im thinking on changing the regulator but i don't know how to test it I've watched some vids on youtube but i still don't understand. Should I change the regulator or what do you all think i have had my bike only for a year and its my first one i totally love it. If someone please help me i would really really appreciate it and thank you for your time

·
Registered
891 Posts
What part do you not understand and maybe someone will post up and explain it better. Also download the service manual. It is great for troubleshooting issues. To me it sounds like a definite charging issue but I hate to see you parts replace till it is fixed.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
2009 models had a regulator recall. First thing I would do is find a contact number for Kawasaki and give them your bikes vin number and they can tell you if the recall has been done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts