Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum,

I currently decided I wanted to rebuild my 04 zx6r from the ground up to have a fully custom bike. Everything was going well until earlier today when I was hooking up the rear tail light. When I plugged it in and turn the bike on they came on right away and brightened when I applied the brakes. They also gave me a voltage reading of 12V. I disconnected the brake light to do some repair to the wires because the fella who had the bike before me decided it was a good idea to strip about a half inch of wire to tie the licence plate light into. After re wrapping all the wires to make sure they were not exposed I plugged the taillight back into the harness and turned the bike on and they did not come on. I then disconnected them and tried to get a voltage reading from the harness and got nothing. Any idea on how to resolve this problem? I changed both the fuses and still no tail light. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem Solved! The fuses I was using were old fuses and I guess were just not working properly but anyway, bought a new box of them and replaced them all and taillight works just fine again! I'll post my bike on another thread when it is all completed! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts