Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The contact that was crimped onto the wire, was inserted from the back of the plug body. Because the contact has a barb like a fish hook that pops open into a gap in the plug body when it’s seated in the plug, the contact is latched in place.

The removal tool should be inserted from the opposite side of the plug body…. The tool is meant to squeeze that ‘barb’ flush to the contact so it will slide back out from whence it came.
Thanks RJ

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to grind down much thinner one of the tools to work in many of these small connectors....... waste of a tool for other needs but needed for these tiny connectors
ie.......... it is now about 50% the thickness it arrived at and narrower too but nearly as much
I wish I could do the same but I dont have access to a grinder right now

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I took all of your suggestions and none of them worked.

So because I dont give up I did some more googling and found this website that sells the factory connectors in the factory colours.

Shipping to Canada cost me 5 times what I paid for the connectors but it was worth not fighting with the current ones anymore.

Hopefully that link helps someone else who stumbles upon this thread trying to figure out the samething I was.

Save youself the aggrevation and just buy new ones lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts