Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
After about 100 miles the bike feels about the same until around 12000 rpms then it really screams. So far no check engine light so I think I'm good! Haven't had a chance for top speed run but have already eclipsed the old top speed just messing around. Very little engine braking now and I love the quick shifter adjustment! Very happy with the results and can imagine once the header gets replaced it will be even more.

·
Registered
134 Posts
After about 100 miles the bike feels about the same until around 12000 rpms then it really screams. So far no check engine light so I think I'm good! Haven't had a chance for top speed run but have already eclipsed the old top speed just messing around. Very little engine braking now and I love the quick shifter adjustment! Very happy with the results and can imagine once the header gets replaced it will be even more.
Yep, that ECU reflash does wonders for even just a totally stock ZX6R in the high RPM’s, the reason is because those secondary throttle plates in the ITB’s close off to like 40-60%. So the engine goes from about 115whp down to about 80whp as it continues building RPM’s, in a split second, I’m in the process of scheduling a dyno tune for mine currently.

Reactions: ON1WHL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
yeah I opened up today and reached 151 and still had more! Before it started dropping off around 140

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah I opened up today and reached 151 and still had more! Before it started dropping off around 140
The stock speedometer is very accurate too, because I also used my phones GPS as a comparison. Fastest I have done is 162mph with a little left in the tank. That was on the stock exhaust, stock header, stock air filter, and stock ECU map.

I have not tested top speed since the graves header upgrade, Graves exhaust upgrade, DNA filter upgrade, ECU flash, and Graves map. I am more of a drive the speed limit type of guy.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts