Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Chris recommends unplugging the 02 senor as a precaution. Since the 02 is disabled in the ECU there is really no need to unplug it. I had mine plugged in after the ECU flash and then removed the 02 sensor a week later and there was no difference.

Make sure you tell Chris to disable the "decel fuel cut" or he will leave it enabled by default.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is that the excessive popping? I said NO (As in I do not want it to pop)
The popping on deceleration is very mild with my Hindle slip-on, and I have no block off plates. Disabling the decel fuel cut will smooth out the throttle response by keeping the injectors on all the time. If you don't mind the jerky on/off throttle then leave it enabled.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is that the excessive popping? I said NO (As in I do not want it to pop)
If you still have the stock catalytic converter installed, it’s really not gonna pop at all. You probably won’t notice it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You can unplug the 02 sensor and leave it in the header or remove altogether. That's up to you. It was recommended to unplug the 02 sensor. I know some don't do it but I did as recommended.
Plan on unplugging it and leave it in the header if I can find the plug end?
So far I haven't been able to trace it to find the actual plug.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Plan on unplugging it and leave it in the header if I can find the plug end?
So far I haven't been able to trace it to find the actual plug.
it is underneath that thin rubber protection layer on top of the engine.

All you’ve gotta do is follow the wire back.

Reactions: ON1WHL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Got the Exhaust installed along with the Air Filter and disconnected the O2 sensor, Now waiting on the ECU to get back!
Hopefully will get it back together this weekend! I can't wait to hear it and get back on the road!

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got the Exhaust installed along with the Air Filter and disconnected the O2 sensor, Now waiting on the ECU to get back!
Hopefully will get it back together this weekend! I can't wait to hear it and get back on the road!

View attachment 111582
Nice to see you went with a high mount 3/4 slip-on. These slip-on’s make great power, and even though it’s not a full system. I have still seen 118WHP on Chris Moore’s dyno, with the exact Akropovich Slip-on, with stock headers (GUTTED CAT). The bike had like 6,200 miles on it, so it was broken in nicely. And the exact same slip-on exhaust, and gutted cat stock header. Hi-mounts make great top end HP, and they’re not obnoxiously loud either. Also, you may want to remove the silencer.

^^^This with the Akro 3/4 slip-on, and gutted cat header, made similar WHP numbers to a ZX6R with a Graves full system. Albeit, it was the Graves shorty low mount system, and the bike barely had 500 miles on it. But still.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
All back together!
A little hiccup right of idle but I may have my idle set too low. Other than that it rips. So smooth now!
I can tell the front end comes up much easier now and surprised it is not as loud as I expected but sounds fantastic
Finally got rid of that annoying engine braking, let off the throttle slightly and it doesn't want to slow down.
Only got to go a few miles before the rain set in but so far (crossed fingers) no engine lights!
very happy and will give more results once I can ride it more!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
24 Posts
All back together!
A little hiccup right of idle but I may have my idle set too low. Other than that it rips. So smooth now!
I can tell the front end comes up much easier now and surprised it is not as loud as I expected but sounds fantastic
Finally got rid of that annoying engine braking, let off the throttle slightly and it doesn't want to slow down.
Only got to go a few miles before the rain set in but so far (crossed fingers) no engine lights!
View attachment 111612
I see you painted your stock windsheild. What paint did you go with?

·
Registered
134 Posts
All back together!
Do you have the dB killer installed in your silencer? I believe there is a bolt on the side of the silencer, and you can remove that dB killer. I think they are pre-installed from the factory.

Also, hey what screw size is that you replaced the reflector with?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Do you have the dB killer installed in your silencer? I believe there is a bolt on the side of the silencer, and you can remove that dB killer. I think they are pre-installed from the factory.
I took that thing out before I even installed it on the bike! ...... LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
I took that thing out before I even installed it on the bike! ...... LOL
Lol. Hey what screw size did you order to replace the front fender reflectors?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh and that carbon fiber Akro footpeg mount is awesome looking. Have you seen them?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Lol. Hey what screw size did you order to replace the front fender reflectors?
I ordered the OEM bolts but you can also use the Black ones from the OEM exhaust from the pipe guards, just make sure to use the plastic washers on the fender.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ordered the OEM bolts but you can also use the Black ones from the OEM exhaust from the pipe guards, just make sure to use the plastic washers on the fender.
What size are they?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts