Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you get the ECU re-flashed will you lose all the ability to switch engine modes, traction control, etc?
Do you just end up with the one setup after the re-flash and how does that affect what mode is displayed then?
I like the ability to tune it down if caught in the rain but really want to have it flashed to release the beast ..... LOL

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
You do not lose those options

Reactions: ON1WHL

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you get the ECU re-flashed will you lose all the ability to switch engine modes, traction control, etc?
Do you just end up with the one setup after the re-flash and how does that affect what mode is displayed then?
I like the ability to tune it down if caught in the rain but really want to have it flashed to release the beast ..... LOL
Don't expect a beast after the ECU flash as it will only add maybe 5-7 hp. The real benefit of the ECU flash is a better, cooler running engine, and better/smoother throttle response.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't expect a beast after the ECU flash as it will only add maybe 5-7 hp. The real benefit of the ECU flash is a better, cooler running engine, and better/smoother throttle response.
I am also changing the exhaust and air filter so hope to get a little more but mainly the top end.

Reactions: SCNinja636

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am also changing the exhaust and air filter so hope to get a little more but mainly the top end.
Let us know how it feels once you get all the mods installed. I ride country roads only where the speed limit is max 55 so I don't get to hit the top end too often.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Here is a great video of Chris Moore ECU tuning a 2019 ZX6R. Chris does an excellent job showing the process and results so you know what to expect from the 2019+ ZX6R with similar mods. I drove my ECU down to Chris and he is a super nice guy who will take the time to answer any questions and give you advice. I highly recommend using Moore Mafia for ECU tuning. When using Moore Mafia make sure to request the decel fuel cut be disabled or Chris will leave it enabled by default.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone use Superbike Unlimited? They claim to be number 1 and honestly the only one that has answered my emails?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Anyone use Superbike Unlimited? They claim to be number 1 and honestly the only one that has answered my emails?
Yes, I had the SBU ECU flash on my 400. I drove out to SBU and met with Freddy. Nice guy and very knowledgeable. I would have no problem using SBU again for the ZX6R.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Before I send out the ECU I was thinking while I have the bike all apart do I go ahead and remove the stock header and knock out the CAT and have them tune for that or is there really any advantage other than more sound? I have the Akrapovic slip on ,Mid pipe, K&N filter and Block off plates coming next week? Is it gonna be worth it to knock out the Cat for the Flash or just leave it? ... Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Before I send out the ECU I was thinking while I have the bike all apart do I go ahead and remove the stock header and knock out the CAT and have them tune for that or is there really any advantage other than more sound? I have the Akrapovic slip on ,Mid pipe, K&N filter and Block off plates coming next week? Is it gonna be worth it to knock out the Cat for the Flash or just leave it? ... Thanks!
I do not remove the cat from anything I own, but that is a personal preference. I use high flow cats when replacing headers or downpipes.

The flash can be tailored for a cat or no cat so it's just a matter of making a decision and telling the tuner if the cat has been removed or not.

If you are using SBU ask Freddy what he recommends.

Reactions: ON1WHL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just to give you another option I have the exact same setup as you on my 2021 zx6r. Ackapovic slipon and mid pipe. Highflow air filter and graves block off plates. I just received my ecu back from Two wheel dynoworks and their tune and mapping really made my bike come alive with the components listed. I'm also getting better fuel mileage and better throttle response as well. We'll worth the $250 spent.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to give you another option I have the exact same setup as you on my 2021 zx6r. Ackapovic slipon and mid pipe. Highflow air filter and graves block off plates. I just received my ecu back from Two wheel dynoworks and their tune and mapping really made my bike come alive with the components listed. I'm also getting better fuel mileage and better throttle response as well. We'll worth the $250 spent.
After you installed the Block Off plates what did you do with the electric plug for for the Smog pump? Tape it up?

·
Registered
134 Posts
After you installed the Block Off plates what did you do with the electric plug for for the Smog pump? Tape it up?
If it were me, I’d go for that Hindle Evo full system from Biohazardcycles if you are trying to save some money. Or maybe their Akropovic racing system. These are 800-900ish for the Hindle. And 1400ish USD for the Akro depending what you buy. Low mount systems don’t usually produce the biggest numbers, but instead big noise.

I’m running the Works2 full Ti system, this is pretty much Graves racing full system with the high mount exhaust. I also have the DNA filter, and the Graves map loaded on a flashed ECU. No block off plates at all. 1st gear is madness, you’ve gotta ease on the throttle at low speeds. It power wheelies very nicely. Top end rush is absolutely ridiculous. That massive blue flame riding around after the sun goes down is icing on the cake.

With a 100% bone stock ZX6R compared to this full system and Graves map, there are areas in the upper RPM range especially near the revv limiter where the bike picks up 30whp. You can see at 14.5K-15K rpm limit the bike is making 90HP and it’s done, but after the modifications it’s making 120HP. This is why the difference is so much more powerful.

The dyno graph below is a 2019 ZX6R with Graves Works 2, dna filter, and Graves map.

Rectangle Product Slope Plot Font

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the Akrapovic with the mid pipe on the way. Got the K&N filter and just sent my ECU to Moore Mafia today. Going to install the Block off plates while I have it apart. I can't wait for the results!

Reactions: tps3443

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got the Akrapovic with the mid pipe on the way. Got the K&N filter and just sent my ECU to Moore Mafia today. Going to install the Block off plates while I have it apart. I can't wait for the results!
Also, I’d do some research as you may just be able to accumulate the Akro headers later down the road. Which, they’ll fit right on to the 3/4 Akro slip-on and create a full system. It may take some digging to find them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My system has changed colors nicely!! This is a before after shot of the Graves works 2 Ti system.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

Tire Automotive tire Aircraft Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 20 of 48 Posts