Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ECU error code and I’m not sure what’s causing the code. I have checked the battery and it’s at 13 volts but the code is still there. My bike has been tuned and has upgrades. Thanks for the info in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a 2018 but has a bazzaz and has been tuned the back tire was out of alignment and had I had to buy new bearings and have that replaced. Once I got the tire fixed started it up and then got the F1 39 error

·
Registered
13,587 Posts
You should be able to determine what the 39 code is telling you from the diagnostics section of the shop manual for your bike.

Might sound like I'm stating the obvious; whatever you changed last before the code came up is a strong candidate for what is causing it. Do you have ABS?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do. I’m wondering if it’s the Kawasaki racing sensor that is attached to the back tire.
mom so that I don’t sound silly it’s my husbands bike and I’m just trying to help him figure it out and he’s not here to ask the name of things 🤦🏽‍♀️
You should be able to determine what the 39 code is telling you from the diagnostics section of the shop manual for your bike.

Might sound like I'm stating the obvious; whatever you changed last before the code came up is a strong candidate for what is causing it. Do you have ABS?

·
Registered
13,587 Posts
The rear wheel is pretty much impossible to install backwards, as the chain drive makes the wheel only mountable in one direction.... as I understand it, if the front is mounted backwards, the ABS light will flash constantly. I don't know if the wheel bearing replacement would have disturbed the rear wheel speed sensor -- that seems likely to me. If the ring is on the back wheel hub like it's supposed to be, then I would look at the sensor that is supposed to 'read' the ring, and the wiring to that sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rear wheel is pretty much impossible to install backwards, as the chain drive makes the wheel only mountable in one direction.... as I understand it, if the front is mounted backwards, the ABS light will flash constantly. I don't know if the wheel bearing replacement would have disturbed the rear wheel speed sensor -- that seems likely to me. If the ring is on the back wheel hub like it's supposed to be, then I would look at the sensor that is supposed to 'read' the ring, and the wiring to that sensor.
Thank you for your help I’m going to replace the sensor hopefully that will fix the problem

·
Registered
13,587 Posts
I would suggest first downloading the shop manual for your bike from this site... it's free. In the tech manuals section. Read the code, and tell us what it says may be the problem. It can get very expensive throwing parts at a problem without knowing why.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts